Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cannonball Run 2015 " The Sleeperball"

wagonmaster

That's strange! I think, I'd took the engine and placed it a little more backwards and better worked at the floor and stuff of the interior. But: when you are done, it'll look like an original and it probably could be hard to notice, that the front of the car is a little longer than stock.

The interior parts and the engine are just propped on top of the chassis to give some idea of where everything will sit in relation to everything else.

I probably should have said that.

I need to check the accessory drive but if it'll clear the front suspension then i'll leave the engine where it is. I then won't use the Prowler interior tub but will scratchbuild a firewall up tight to the back of the engine. This will then allow me to position the seats roughly where the B pillars are.

I hope.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

My update for June.

I've been working on the body a bit for the time I've actually had to work on a model. I'm adding a luggage rack on the trunk to mask the use of a spoiler. I'm sure you've all seen these on 1:1's. I just thought it would make an interesting and functional addition.

I have a fabricated piece that will attach between the two vertical supports (which I seem to have misplaced), which should give a spoiler-like appearance. I'll add that after painting the body. I used channel of course to make the trunk protectors, and ground down styrene blocks for the supports. It was tough trying to file those buggers down with these hands!

Skyline%20Primed%20Luggage%20Rack_zpsvna

Edited by MeatMan

Chisel another entry for me into the block.

Decided on the AMT '69 Corvair instead of the Ranchero. I want to do the Ranchero as a beater and not necessarily a sleeper, so I'll save it for a later date.

For color on the Corvair, I was thinking either flat black with worn patches or flat yellow with some red or blue replaced panels.

The front end will be dished way down for a more junky look.

Edited by chunkypeanutbutter

A little bit of progress,

i used the vents from the door of a Ferrari F40, to make air intakes in the roof to feed the engine.

Also made a partition with a window to separate the driver from the engine.

scoops%20001_zpsqeczkcnw.jpg

001%203_zpse7fdgqs8.jpg

int%20001_zpsx1xai9uu.jpg

int%20002_zpsno8eyo1l.jpg

So, still plugging away between other builds.

Delahaye June.

Little progress. The engine is painted. Exhaust manifolds and turbos are made of plastic tubes. Floor has received a putty layer.

The engine comes with chrome parts, interior racing car-like. Body ... I do not know. Perhaps rusty.

post-9298-0-47844900-1435693569_thumb.jp

post-9298-0-47062100-1435693631_thumb.jp

A little bit of progress,

i used the vents from the door of a Ferrari F40, to make air intakes in the roof to feed the engine.

Also made a partition with a window to separate the driver from the engine.

scoops%20001_zpsqeczkcnw.jpg

001%203_zpse7fdgqs8.jpg

int%20001_zpsx1xai9uu.jpg

int%20002_zpsno8eyo1l.jpg

So, still plugging away between other builds.

Nice work on the air vents!!

It sits good! Nice processes here on the cars!

I have to announce, that my Mini is done :) The engine compartment isn't details this much. I cleaned it up. Ignition wires aren't visible on the Honda engine and so I didn't put in any cables except the throttle cable.

post-14847-0-33609900-1436855338_thumb.j

Here some other pics.

post-14847-0-50000600-1436855326_thumb.j

post-14847-0-33470400-1436855332_thumb.j

post-14847-0-95354000-1436855342_thumb.j

One tiny detail is missing on the pictures as well as the license plates. I will show it later ;)

I'm going to go ahead and say I'm out. I can't force myself to build a particular car. I have to just go with what I feel like at the time. I finished 3 cars on a whim and it felt good to do. Two years in a row I can't bring myself to complete anything.