Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cannonball Run 2015 " The Sleeperball"

wagonmaster

Rob, you did build a Pacer wagon, You have to be a big boy to take the flack. LOL

To all, Including Rob. All the work and entries have been great. I myself have been at the bench maybe 4 hours in the past 3 months. The nice weather has been calling my name. Wasn't even working on the Sleeperball project. But the 70 Rallye 350 for my friend.

Tim

Delahaye August.

Sorry my bad English and bad pictures. little progress. The frame is painted and gearbox is mounted. The front axle is from mustang and fitted with air suspension. For the first time I see a car height. there is plenty of room for radiator and intercooler in front of the engine.

So far, the only changes in the body is the rear fenders air vents for the brakes. Sleeper.

20150830_194310.thumb.jpg.9a2bb61fcaed5c

20150830_194502.thumb.jpg.d768e2311e765c

20150830_194620.thumb.jpg.d1da4fc8b6e308

20150830_194927.thumb.jpg.ef6f9bb9ccab92

Edited by vekasiini

Still in the game. Been delayed by several factors over the summer. Mostly on color choice, figuring what pieces to use and lack of a late model engine. I finally got seriously started a couple days ago. Starting with the body, I added some evergreen to make a vinyl top. Found some suitable 70s style door mirrors from the parts box. My wife recently found me a AMT 39 chevy street rod parts kit that had a late model engine/ manual trans I was looking for. The interior was kinda' plain, so I found some 80s corvette bucket seats and a 80s camaro console from my parts box to use in place of the stock bench seat. I removed the molded in gas tank and replaced it with a 66 chevelle gas tank to be rid of the large screw holes in the rear of the chassis plate. I also removed the molded in Y head pipe and cat converter and added better looking lower A arms, strut rods and sway bar to the front suspension. 

PICT0661.JPG

PICT0662.JPG

PICT0663.JPG

Edited by Rotorbolt73

Worked on the Caprice some more last night. I didn't like the looks of the kits rear axle. So I decided to replace it with something better. I had this 12 bolt rear salvaged from a monogram 70 chevelle gluebomb, a differential cover from the parts box and a pair of airbags, shocks and panhard bar from the AMT 39 chevy parts kit I got the LS engine from. I cut up the kits molded together rear/exhaust piece and integrated the new pieces together for a better detailed setup. I also added steering linkage, spindles and upper A arms to the front suspension.

PICT0666.JPG

PICT0667.JPG

PICT0682.JPG

Edited by Rotorbolt73

I haven't been on here for a while but I am slowly working on my car.I still need to decide on the seats add the lens for the headlights and taillights. plus add more detail (fuel lines,wiring,interior stuff) thanks

P1010988_zpspxpvev6o.jpg

P1010985_zps2owkehhw.jpg

Edited by 001slick001
forgot to add a sentince

• 2 weeks later...

Delahaye September.

The car is primed and painted with a thin layer of light brown. Mixer Humbrol Gloss brown and white Revell SM. I do not like the color, but this is a sleeper :). I polish the body smooth and marks. Maybe it will be completed sometime.

20150926_142427.thumb.jpg.449e240c0d9ba9

20150930_201645.thumb.jpg.1ee7caf6fbb256

20150930_201645.thumb.jpg.b2e17ef77dcdef

Edited by vekasiini