Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cannonball Run 2015 " The Sleeperball"

wagonmaster

Okay ladies and germs, the polling booth is open. Unfortunately, the critical instructions to vote for just one car only show below the long ballot so we'll see if the less attentive readers get that far, comprehend and take them to heart. I'll try to spread the word. So far, every year has been an experiment in the voting process. If this proves unreliable we can return to semis/finals next year.

It looks like it's doing pretty good so far. Brilliant job with making it Mike! I haven't cast yet, I won't vote for my own and I can't decide on one. I'm having to think real hard about it, they are all such great builds.

But something I recommend all the entrants do is add a link to the voting thread in their finished build thread to help spread it around and get as many votes as we can for these fine builds.  

What a great year everyone, pat yourselves on the back, well done!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations TFChronos and DeeCee for tying for top honors in the 2015 Cannonball Run Sleeperball. Jonathan's Dodge wagon was every bit the sly-as-a-fox beater you'd expect to see in a devious race. And Dale's 40 Sedan Delivery was engineered to the nines with spectacular results. Jantrix's Pacer wagon came in third with a very respectable effort on an interesting and seldom seen subject.

With Rob's blessing we're closing the polls after two weeks and popping corks in Redondo Beach. This was one of the most competitive Cannonballs I can remember and a hard one vote on but the attitude and spirit of the participants continues to prove that the modelers in this CBP are some of the best bunch of scofflaws on the net. Well done my friends. See you in Oz.

WELL!! That was a fun build,  and for 2 COMPLETELY different styles of ride to come out equal, is just amazing, great work everybody involved,

building wise and organization wise,  and well done Jonathan, a great sleeper in sheeps clothing, a scraggy one at that.  :)

GREAT builds guys,  Roll on the next one.......

Edited by DeeCee

Wow, what a way to end an amazing year. A draw certainly affirms just how good the builds were. It's so cool to have two polar opposites tie. Amazing work on yours Dale, I can easily see yours pulling out of SEMA with trophies hanging out the windows. B)

Thank you to everyone that voted on mine, going into it I wasn't to sure how well a wagon would do so I'm glad and grateful to everyone that voted for it.  

These were some of if not the best builds I've seen in my four years of participating. In my eyes everyone is a winner, you guys really brought your A game, a big round of applause to everyone!

I am so looking so forward to seeing what next years Aussieball has in store. 

• 2 weeks later...