Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cannonball Run 2015 " The Sleeperball"

wagonmaster

Matthew. With the deadline looming, I would hit that paint with some 91% isopropyl alcohol and the a series of black/rust washes and go for the beater look. You can always take it back apart and repaint later. Try some Duplicolor though. Rustoleum is garbage IMHO.

Thanks for the suggestion Rob. I forgot to mention the work i did to it was done a few months ago i have done more work to it since then i will post more pics. I think i have come up with a way to get rid of the wrinkles and i agree Rustoleum is garbage Duplicolor is definitely better paint my biggest complaint with Duplicolor is that they don't have a lot of colors to choose from. Testors has a better color choice but $5.00 to over $6.00 is to much for a 3oz can of paint.

Thanks for the suggestion Rob. I forgot to mention the work i did to it was done a few months ago i have done more work to it since then i will post more pics. I think i have come up with a way to get rid of the wrinkles and i agree Rustoleum is garbage Duplicolor is definitely better paint my biggest complaint with Duplicolor is that they don't have a lot of colors to choose from. Testors has a better color choice but $5.00 to over $6.00 is to much for a 3oz can of paint.

Duplicolor has more colors than you may know.. just most places don't carry them all because of shelf space... One thing I dislike about Duplicolor is you have to be careful because not all there paint is the same and some times the paint can be mixed HOT and craze plastic ( if you don't primer first).

Duplicolor has more colors than you may know.. just most places don't carry them all because of shelf space... One thing I dislike about Duplicolor is you have to be careful because not all there paint is the same and some times the paint can be mixed HOT and craze plastic ( if you don't primer first).

Always prime first with Duplicolor primer.  Never put your color coat directly on plastic.  Once you've done your clean up work on the body... sanding mold lines, filling any depressions etc. the primer coat serves to find any further issues that need fixing before paint.  It also provides a uniform surface and color under your color coat.

Always prime first with Duplicolor primer.  Never put your color coat directly on plastic.  Once you've done your clean up work on the body... sanding mold lines, filling any depressions etc. the primer coat serves to find any further issues that need fixing before paint.  It also provides a uniform surface and color under your color coat.

Agreed Tom, that's exactly why I primer all my builds.

And if you really want a double-whammy fail, use duplicolor over enamel with no primer.

Ricardo has finally completed his Ferrari 250 GTO after a few all nighters fixing what he had fixed ... something we can all relate to. The car was flown into Boston overnight and registered for MA this morning. It's down I95 to NYC today for the start!

FINISH%20DSC_1837_zps0pwejlbd.jpg

Photoshop decided to give me problems after getting all the finished photos, so will try again after some appointments and post in the completed thread.

Edited by Foxer

Uh-oh. The Cruiser is getting severely conservative. You see, Cedric Humphrey Willoughby III and his lovely wife Eunice got the factory optional wood siding back in '04 when they wanted to show the sports at the country club their trendy new... how do the kids say... "Tee Pee Cruiser." At least, that's the story I'm circulating in the streets.

Paint.

Yes, I know I said it'd be silver over black but I didn't have any black car paint.

Some ghosting has occurred on the bonnet where I removed the bulge so to hide it i'm going to put a white filter (hopefully looking like oxidised paint) followed by satin clear.

Update for the Cougar i painted the trim added some rust and took a flat tip screwdriver bit and scratched the clear coat where it wrinkled to try to make it look like the clear coat is flaking off i painted the interior and cut off the over hang on the windshield.

DSC09289.JPG

DSC09288.JPG

DSC09295.JPG

DSC09304.JPG

DSC09290.JPG

DSC09287.JPG

Wow. I have to say that over the years we've seen some very cool and unusual builds. Guys like Zenrat and Lunajammer always seem to come up with something that makes you do a double take. But this year the creativity has been unpresidented and the build quality is top shelf. I'm very proud to be part of this group of builders. You guys rock.

Wow!  Really nice stuff.  Just finished the interior on the Skyline.  Gotta run the exhaust, put the body chrome on and I'll be done.  I'm off work this week so aside from the Honey Do list I'll have plenty of time to finish. 

I've tried to insert my PB link but it keeps just spinning so I had to add an attachment.  I hope this shows.

Skyline_Interior.thumb.jpg.1ab0a1a91d4c3

Awesome work you guys, I agree with Rob, these are some of the best builds I've seen in my 4 years of competing.

Here's my update. Scratch built a supercharger, I'd like to say it was quick but it wasn't haha.

12291320_778900978922433_191481243963885

Tried my hand at color washing the interior and the engine. The front seats not fully finished yet.

12273753_778901018922429_405630492130243

The blue door panel will make sense in a moment 

12238521_778901022255762_205626348433830

And last but not least here's the body with colors.

12240383_778901088922422_90716122670483812248073_778901082255756_110960491807501

12248198_778901138922417_840875759491880

That's where it's at right now, still got a lot to do but I think I'll make it.

Great work ALL...

Great cramming Pat,...

Matthew,.. rusty spots came out great!

Jonathan..great shorty 4 dr.

Dennis.. got the same laptop... what is your screen made of..?

Dale,... Great signage...(Heat Magnet?)B) 

Bill,....that is looking like the winner!!

Made a little progress... It's got shoes on...IMG_4865%20600x450_zpshoqibvqy.jpgis this enough pipes,?....IMG_4866%20600x450_zpsxjuyvvya.jpg Probably not......                                                                           Some sort of Grass fed Leather over Carbon Fibre Kevlar...ish stuffIMG_4868%20600x450_zpsbalbdu2d.jpg

Not a FnG body, but rustingIMG_4871%20600x450_zpsbsv7xomj.jpg Somehow this is all coming together IMG_4876%20600x450_zpsz42pc1vt.jpg

4 letter word coming in 5,   4,   3,   2,,Snow today,... so.. might just be able to finish this week.???? ......

Cheers ALL

Edited by Belugawrx