Model Cars Magazine Forum
TFchronos

'77 Firebird Formula tribute build

Greetings and Merry Christmas everyone. Here is a tribute I made of the '77 Formula my father once owned. It was given to him this morning completely blowing him away.

the W.I.P is over here http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95192

Started out being the new revel Smokey and the Bandit '77 Trans Am. I did everything within my skill level to make it as close to the 1:1 as possible. The most notable features are the rims which were modified by hand from Crager Centerlines from a '57 Nomad and re-chromed with Spaz Stix Mirror Chrome spray can paint. The pin striping is custom, printed on Testors white decal paper. More details are over in the w.i.p.

Here is the 1:1.

S8000152401_zps62c546f1.jpg

And the end result o the model.

DSC07239_zpsce2136f1.jpg

DSC07240_zps5ad3b029.jpg

DSC07241_zps8d4c5c83.jpg

DSC07242_zpsb02dbdff.jpg

DSC07244_zpscfc0cf5d.jpg

More pics to follow!

Outstanding Jonathan! I love the direction you went with it to simulate your Dad's car. It's a one of a kind Firebird. I love the details you did to the engine bay. Thanks for sharing.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...really fantastic work, and for a great reason. Congratulations on a terrific build!

Impressive build Jonathan. You overcame each problem you faced on this build. Outstanding work friend..

Very good looking Firebird! I like the color and those stripes look great on it. Nice detailing in the engine bay as well and I like the wheels a lot. Great looking Pontiac overall.

That is soo cool!!

Would be great if you could find some Cooper Cobra tire white letters!

Very nice! It's always good to give a gift from the heart to a relative. My grandpa had a similar reaction when I gave him the replica of his 74 C-10 on his birthday here a few months back.

Great scale duplicate. I remeber reading about what you went through with the rims. They look great!

jonathan....where did u get the formula hood?????....nice build....great engine detail... B)

Thank you everyone, for all your kind words.

jonathan....where did u get the formula hood?????....nice build....great engine detail... B)

Thanks, I made the hood myself using the stock hood that came with the kit.