Model Cars Magazine Forum

All new Citroen DS19 kit

fumi

Good news! the parts layout reminds me of the good'ol Heller 1/16 kit, guess it served as a reference when designing this one...indeed a "21 Pallas" would have been better.

Totally Amazing to see that still no one plastic kitted the magnificent SM design marvel in 1/24th scale, after all those years :huh: , maybe a future dream come true with... EBBRO :rolleyes: :

autowp_ru_citroen_sm_22_zpsed9040b3.jpg

Edited by ZIL 111V

I had to look twice at this post, after all the years I have been wanting the DS modelled in 1/24th scale, and I'm so pleased it's Ebbro that's doing it, there doing some great stuff, I've bought 4 of there Renault 4 kits, (3 saloon's and 1 Fourgonnette), I'll be buying quite a few of these DS models.

I built the Heller 1/16th model many years ago, my Dad bought it for a present as he knew how much I loved the DS, sadly that's another model that went missing in a house move, now I'll be able to build it again, this time in the regular scale of 1/24th,

Will they release the Safari version in the future ??? I sure hope so

Fantastic.

Need Chapron decapotable and Safari too, but handstands appropriate for the sedan. :D:)

SM would be wish, but I like the line of basic 50-60's French cars.

You guys may like this reference page on design work of the Goddess.

http://www.citroenet.org.uk/passenger-cars/michelin/ds/02.html

Here's pic of test shot so people can see what we're drooling over

usine32.jpg

t02200165_0800060013169442587.jpg

Edited by keyser

Good news! the parts layout reminds me of the good'ol Heller 1/16 kit, guess it served as a reference when designing this one...

That was my first thought when I saw the parts too. However, I like the separate roof panel, which I reckon would make it easier to then build with the rear doors (and possibly also the boot / trunk) opening too, as the (weakened) shell can then be permanently attached to the floor for strength, and the interior installed through the roof and door apertures before the roof panel is fitted at the end.

As others have commented, the option of a later front end would also be nice. Had the parts layout followed the Heller 1:16, this could have easily been accommodated with simply a separate set of sprues for the front wings and headlamps - in fact, it could even have been a 2in1 build option!

Will they release the Safari version in the future ??? I sure hope so

Agree about the Safari. A truly strange but amazing looking vehicle! I have a Heller 1:16 decapotable waiting to be built, but wonder if a 1:24 one will also be a future release. If not, it would certainly be a relatively easy conversion. Chapron produced many other amazing coachbuilt variants, a few of which would be easy to convert as well.

Finally!!! I have wondered why there has been no 1:24 DS kit before, seeing that we already have it in 1:16 and 1:43 and it being such an icon of cardesign. I will have to get me some of these when they come out :D

I have a 1:24 die cast DS from FABBRI, it is italian, it is a 1963 model nice molded and you can find a cab from WELLY.

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

now THAT is kool!

e33b2c7e1fec163548c71b43d1ad5f58.jpg

that kaddy kustom aint bad either.

as for best source, there is a guy on ebay who sells ebbro kits very cheaply, I paid around 20 postpaid for the 2cv wagon and about the same for the Renault wagon. he seems to have lots of them too.

jb

Well... looks like my 1:16 Heller will sit around a little longer.

Same here :lol:

Still, the 1:16 kit was one of my best buys ever. Paid just 17£ for it and that was including the 9£ shipping. I have looked at it so many times and wanted to start it but been afraid that my skills are not up to it plus that I will need good space to build and paint it.

Yes I like the idea of a 1/24 version of the DS. We used to have a lot on the road here in the UK. Friends had the DS estate to carry his family of 4 and their BMX gear to race meetings.

I've just finished the 1/16 scale DS by Heller.

Atmobil, I did need the room to build it it's true but as it was so big I just polished the body with a top quality Auto resin polish.

Edited by PatW