Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Chrysler 300 Hardtop.

StevenGuthmiller

Steve...you did a spectacular job on that model - and it was a great choice to begin with. I've always liked the '63/'64 Chryslers as they were unique in the Chrysler family at that time and very distinctive in the marketplace. You mentioned you're now working on a '65 300....will be watching for that one too! The paint detailing....accurate appearance, and the underhood wiring/detailing...all really, really sharp. Way to go....

(You may remember that I did a buildup/restoration of a discarded '63 Chrysler 300 a little over 20 years ago for the other model car mag...)

TIM

Steve...you did a spectacular job on that model - and it was a great choice to begin with. I've always liked the '63/'64 Chryslers as they were unique in the Chrysler family at that time and very distinctive in the marketplace. You mentioned you're now working on a '65 300....will be watching for that one too! The paint detailing....accurate appearance, and the underhood wiring/detailing...all really, really sharp. Way to go....

(You may remember that I did a buildup/restoration of a discarded '63 Chrysler 300 a little over 20 years ago for the other model car mag...)

TIM

Thank you Tim! I'm sorry to say that I've never been an avid model magazine reader & even if I was, I usually have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast! :) But I thank you for your kind comments. I was never a big fan of the styling of the '63-'64 Chryslers.......until I started this build! during the month or so that it took me to finish this kit, I really gained an appreciation for this car. As a matter of fact, as I've said before, this was the most fun I've had on a project in a long time! The unusual body style along with a nice interior & a unique engine configuration really made it a blast! I really love these old Mopars! They're just so different from the usual ho-hum stuff offered today! :) Steve

• 1 month later...

How did I miss this one. The color combo looks amazing.

Not that I would have expected anything less from your bench.

I gotta ask though

A - how did you do the antenna ?

B - why 3 heater hoses going into the firewall ? should only be the 2

How did I miss this one. The color combo looks amazing.

Not that I would have expected anything less from your bench.

I gotta ask though

A - how did you do the antenna ?

B - why 3 heater hoses going into the firewall ? should only be the 2

I scratch build all of my antennas now Bill. I just use pieces of sprue that I heat, stretch & glue together & then shoot them with Alclad. As far as the heater hoses go, I won't pretend to know all of the ins & outs of early 60s Chrysler cooling systems, but all of the reference photos I saw had that "return" hose I guess you could call it, so to be accurate, I added one. :P Steve

fs_1967_Chrysler_300_4_Door_Hardtop_Engi1364925_a597516fa5_low_res_zps1ox0tia4.j