Model Cars Magazine Forum
customsrus

Thunderbird Station Wagon

Here is another older build. It is a 62 Thunderbird converted into a wagon. I used the custom top from the 65 Lincoln kit and filled in the entire center section with sheet plastic. I opened the door and built door jambs. Scratch built rear hatch, and inner fenders. Hood was made using both the stock hood and the hood from the Mustang Super Stallion. Front suspension from the Mustang was grafted to the Thunderbird frame. The engine and wheels are also from the Mustang kit. The complete interior is from the Mustang modified to fit the Thunderbird. Paint is Centari Medium Willow Pearl Mettalic base coat/clear coat.

IMG_0167-vi.jpgIMG_0170-vi.jpg

IMG_0168-vi.jpgIMG_0171-vi.jpg

Nicely done. Love the hood treatment, the seatbelt/harness, and the shifter/boot. Lots of cool stuff to look for here.

SUPERB custom yet again mate, i looks like it should have been!

Great detailing too.

I have a collection of T-Bird wagon photos for reference because I love that look and yours is as good as I've seen. Splendid blending of the Mustang elements. I really like this.

Super cool T-Bird wagon awesome conversion all of it looks great very nice work.

Fantastic work! If I hadn't seen the pictures, I wouldn't have expected this combination to look as good as it does.

Can't believe I missed this build, great job fitting that interior and all the bodywork preformed

wow! that Looks like factorybuilt. really impressive work.