Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first WIP here; '70 Dodge Challenger T/A, Parts

Roadrunner

Thanks, Joe, I appreciate that. I'm amazed that the white primer (or perhaps better lighting), has made visible several errors in areas that I thought looked OK before, the most obvious to me being the rough way I handled the seams from the slide molding. There are also more than a few areas with very minor flash (specifically around the window openings), that I thought I had already addressed.

It's been years and years since I built and painted a car model, and I'd like to think I'm learning some valuable lessons on this one.

It's been years and years since I built and painted a car model, and I'd like to think I'm learning some valuable lessons on this one.

You certainly picked the right place to gather information on that subject. I've learned stuff here that other sites wouldn't share. It's like the information is proprietary to them. "MINE! MINE! MINE!". lol

I tried that color on a '69 Camaro Z/28. It really stood out with the black racing stripes that went on with it. The color looks AMAZING on this car as well. Talking about a lot of metallic. I think that's quite an understatement at the amount there is.

I tried that color on a '69 Camaro Z/28. It really stood out with the black racing stripes that went on with it. The color looks AMAZING on this car as well. Talking about a lot of metallic. I think that's quite an understatement at the amount there is.

I was a bit shocked when it first went on the model. Thoughts of the old Pacta metalflake came immediately to mind.

How crazy are you going with the power plant and all?

This will be a "hood closed" model, so almost nothing will be done to engine or compartment; same with the chassis. Just a simple OOB project;... getting my feet wet, as it were.