Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first WIP here; '70 Dodge Challenger T/A, Parts

Roadrunner

I've tried something a little different here, (for me that is). Side markers have had the small rectangular portion painted a dark red, with clear red applied to the rest. This seem to more accurately mimic the real McCoy.

cm%20001_zpshao9m5fd.jpg

Edited by Roadrunner

That looks grea!! You're making me want to do a re-do! lol

Exactly what I'm trying to avoid! :) Well, as is the case with much of my supplies, the Future has gone missing, but I did find my Tamiya clear, so after a quick swipe with that (lens backsides), headlight lenses are now finished (I think).

dec%20007_zpsfwilpdb2.jpg

Perhaps a bit premature (I still have two or three small areas that need polishing, as it turns out), I could stand it no longer, and started adding the T/A tripes. The very front of left fender still needs to be polished, so I cannot apply fender decal at this time, pending that polishing.

dec%20005_zps8mteoju7.jpg

The passenger side front stripe is too far forward in the photo above. Fortunately, I caught it in time and was able to reposition it further aft. If I hadn't spotted it in the photo, it'd be too late now to fix it, so I really lucked out there.

Kevin, looking great so far, paint work is awesome!

question though, should the front side marker light/lens be red or amber? in the pic it looks red, I am thinking it should be yellow/amber.......but I could be wrong.

Kevin the Challenger is looking great.

Thanks. I'm having a blast with it, and believe my next one will be easier after this one.

Kevin, looking great so far, paint work is awesome!

question though, should the front side marker light/lens be red or amber? in the pic it looks red, I am thinking it should be yellow/amber.......but I could be wrong.

Amber is correct, but for some reason, that shot does make it look red, when in fact it's not.

Some of the aforementioned "stuff", is the painting of the front grille area. This is Gunze acrylic black. A tiny bit of over-spray made its way onto the fenders, but a quick swipe with a Q-tip moistened with denatured alcohol, easily removed it, one of the wonderful things about acrylics.

dec%203%208_zpsrgnzwhpx.jpg