Model Cars Magazine Forum

'90 Ford Mustang LX Top Street

W-409

Thanks for the kind words everyone! They are appreciated!

Progress has been slow, and it will remain slow as well for a while. I'm having lots of other tasks, with that 1:1 car, with high school and with a couple of other model projects (I'm working on an old Finnish Drag Car currently that was being raced about 25 years ago).

Anyway here is a bit more work with this Mustang. The seat was way too high as it would not fit under my roll cage. My cage could not be much closer to the roof than it already is so that's not the problem. So the solution was simple: I cut unneccessary material away from the bottom of my seat and after that little operation it fits perfectly on place. The first picture shows kit's original seat, the second picture shows the seat after some cutting and last two pics show how the modified seat fits on place.

...And it looks like there is a problem with Photobucket. :angry: I'll post the pics when I can...

Now it looks like Photobucket is back in business again and it lets me to upload the pics there, so here are the pictures that I tried to post yesterday.

Seat straight from the box:

080fdd90-9fcd-4061-b8b3-06b70da2dc25.jpg'

Seat after cutting away some unneccessary plastic...

e3ad7d8f-f31a-49c0-bfe5-5fbad4e72b94.jpg

How it fits on place after this operation:

721846da-8900-494c-9410-3f5f7cd24777.jpg

a0c7da76-be95-4c6f-8657-55a4bce51d08.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Tyrone, Carl and Gene!

Actually making that roll cage was easier than it looks. I was afraid that I'd never be able to make a cage that fits well inside this car, but I'm glad how it turned out. And that's my first try at making a "Full Cage". :)

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys for the kind words!

Brian: I'll be going with 347 Cid Stroker (Based on Ford 302 Small Block) with a couple of Dominators and some NOS. I haven't built a car with this kind of engine for a long time, so it will be interesting when I get to that point... :)

Well as you might have noticed, I have had completely zero modeling time and I haven't been able to check these forums either. I hope I can get back to the bench as soon as possible...

• 3 weeks later...

I hope I'm not bringing up old news.I'am sorta nEw here.I know that bothers some folks.But I have to say,that this car is really wild.I was waiting so long for this kit to come out. The cage,and custom chassis,are really well done.Ive built a a few of these,but

• 2 years later...
On 5/27/2015 at 10:54 AM, W-409 said:

Thanks guys for the kind words!

Brian: I'll be going with 347 Cid Stroker (Based on Ford 302 Small Block) with a couple of Dominators and some NOS. I haven't built a car with this kind of engine for a long time, so it will be interesting when I get to that point... :)

Well as you might have noticed, I have had completely zero modeling time and I haven't been able to check these forums either. I hope I can get back to the bench as soon as possible...

Any new updates?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...