Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's Everyone Profession,etc..job,

stanleymsn

Stanley You install what I design then...

I am an electrical designer...I work on hotels alot now...but i've done everything from houses to schools..

btw nice conduit work...you wouldn't believe(well I'm sure you would) some of the messes I've seen in my few short years of doing this

Gray

Edited by stryfe101

That actually looks quite artistic! I was a Certified "Master Tech" (Chrysler), Service Manager/Director (for a Chrysler and then an Oldsmobile/Cadillac dealership), then a Technical Service Training Instructor for Chrysler Corp. (Centerline, Michigan). Sadly, my career was cut short in 2003 when I became perm. disabled. At this point I stopped dealing with the 1.1 automotive world as a career and hobby (still have a few 1.1 show "toys")...and went back to the plastic model car world that I had left in 1974. This hobby has improved in many different ways since then. Plus, it's a lot more affordable. The 1.1 car hobby has become a (unfortunately) "rich man's" guilty pleasure. :lol: Fury3

Well I am a master electrican

I'm an artist. I do fine art paintings. I also do custom automotive paint (murals, Flames, etc.)

This is an oil on canvas called "swap meet" 48" X 84" or 4 X 7 feet. It's on the workbench.... er... easel :lol: This painting is about 40% done.

SwapMeet001-vi.jpg

This is a Harley Sportster tank I'm working on. It's not for a client, It's just to show what I do. It is 90% done and needs to be cleared.

dragontank009-vi.jpg

If you like, you can see some more of my art in the auto art tread. I also have some stuff up on my fotki site.

Jefbo

A "rock quarry and asphalt tech"? :lol:

trouble shoot the PLC controler or the motors and starters electrical appartus to give out and some times the huge rocks that go throught thd conveyer the do damage sensors and wires, conduits, So there is always work to be done there. I mainly do Luck Stone Rock quarrys and sand plants.

Dang I guess I'm the boring one here lol I'm just an Oil change and tire tech at a Walmart Tire Lube. Now before yall start the horror stories lemme say my store has been open 5 years and have yet to loose any wheels or have engine die lol. It all comes back to what Stanley said ya have to take pride in what ya do which we do and is why we don't have the horror stories

;) Well after reading some of the everyday jobs you gentlemen do, I must say I have never heard of some of these. Althrough I am sure you are all professionals at what you do.

But I guess you could say I am one of the lucky ones as I have been retired for the last 3 1/2 years. Drove tractor-trailer over the road for more than 40 years. Being retired has its advantages, your home alone all day with plenty of time to build. But it has several big disadvantages also. The biggest is living on a fixed income. The other is getting up every morning and finding the honey-do list the wife left (mostly housework)for you to do. Seems like I only do what the voices in my wifes head tell me to do.

Very Happily Retired

Jeff :P:P:P

My main full time job "official" title is project engineer, while I am the engineering department for our product line here at Calgon Carbon. I design all types of filtration units and filters for treating air. I also work part time for an architect where I do drafting and free hand renderings. I also do drafting for other companys (Like Sutphen and some local fab shops). I am currently trying to see if I can turn all this side work into my own company combined with doing concept renderings for 1:1 car projects (like my avatar). It seams like the car renderings can take off, so I am going to try to get a website up and give it a try.

Great topic. It will be nice to see what some of you do "professionally".

My main full time job "official" title is project engineer, while I am the engineering department for our product line here at Calgon Carbon. I design all types of filtration units and filters for treating air. I also work part time for an architect where I do drafting and free hand renderings. I also do drafting for other companys (Like Sutphen and some local fab shops). I am currently trying to see if I can turn all this side work into my own company combined with doing concept renderings for 1:1 car projects (like my avatar). It seams like the car renderings can take off, so I am going to try to get a website up and give it a try.

Great topic. It will be nice to see what some of you do "professionally".

I tought it would be a good topic cause you ever wonder what most of these guys do for a living it just makes it more intresting

I am a foundry tooling engineer at Urick Foundry in Erie, PA. We make high quality ductile iron industrial castings for many different customers, including our parent company, Ridge Tool Co. I design master patterns on SolidEdge, cut them on a cnc machine, provide gating layouts for our pattern shop, and begin the quoting process by creating a preliminary layout including the number of castings on the pattern plate, and basic (uncalculated) gating.

Hey guys, Guess i'm the non skilled one outa the bunch. I retired from G.M. last july with32yrs. I worked at the Det/Hamtramck Ass. plant, beter known as "poletown".I worked at Fisher Body Fleetwood in Detroit before it closed for 11yrs before transfering to poletown. I put 12yrs in primary body ass.( bodyshop) then 13yrs. in G.A.(general Assembly) finally getting into material handeling for the last 7(hi/lo driver) saw the complete assembly of Cadillacs from sheetmetal stampings to paint,body marriage(where they install the engine/running gear)to final ass. to rollout/final process. it was all pretty interesting.sometimes i tend to miss it(NOT) anyways not as hi tech or specialized as some jobs but i liked it . Provided a good income tolive and raise my family on, and i'm proud to have built Cadillacs for so long.Wife drives an 02 Eldo and she's waiting on a new CTS couldn't cut it for a V model but the sixes are pretty qwick. tanks for the opperatunity to talk about it. George Hernandez,aka George53

I am in the United States Marine Corps. I work on Air Traffic Control equipment. I am currently stationed in Beaufort SC, before I was stationed in 29 Palms Ca. I have been to Afghanistan. All in all I dont do very much right now.

John here, I operate a wheel lathe for the Railways in the UK. We turn flats off the tyres to make your journey more comfortable

For those that don't understand, if the brakes lock up the tyre is instantly heated to red heat and skids along the track, this causes a hardened area that makes that 'ber-dump ' noise you may sometimes hear. This can then work harden causing the hardened area to fall out creting a cavity that must also be turned out.

Dont worry its quite safe to ride in a train like this as they are given the equivalent of a roadworthy test every day