Model Cars Magazine Forum

Airfix 4.5 litre Bentley

kpnuts

Hi all here is tonight's bit. I have cut off the steering column (not my idea got it from stevieo) and replaced it with part of my extending mirror.
0ckVsVj.jpg
b1zhWh4.jpg
xTTEUfg.jpg
and here is more progress on the rest
j8g2O13.jpg
gefUblv.jpg
6UD18xn.jpg
ojvcdqs.jpg
XYr1LFb.jpg
WvcYKf2.jpg
I understand these car bodys were covered with cloth and am thinking of covering it with paper and painting that, do you think that would give a clothe effect finish.

Hi all here is a small update.
I got one wheel done but it took soooo long and looked total rubbish
GTLEZIE.jpg
so after finding this tip on britmodeler I thought I wouls give it a go
QZlOvk6.jpg
iSCK4i9.jpg
iXZoaS1.jpg
IBj1riv.jpg
0LcSVr5.jpg
yUtvg3C.jpg
E4oQ88X.jpg
added breaking linkages
gJiHeNc.jpg
and carb linkages
ptiIQY4.jpg
I got the breaking linkages and the carb ones from roymatblacks great pdf

Well thanks for following along I dont see my boss's husband buying this now, and I've gone and taken a commission from my boss now I feel guilty now she's paid for the models and I've bought them but I've obviously not got the skills to deliver, I must have been mad to agree. I've ruined the Bentley , I will finish it but it certainly won't be on display anywhere.
IWTTIqT.jpg
4yVrhlC.jpg
ymkrQFz.jpg
or8SxHi.jpg
h4NU20V.jpg
0NYvzmD.jpg
entol6m.jpg
These next three pics show whats gone wrong(yes I know I could get a new body from Airfix and some decals) but to be honest I cant be asked I've lost all interest in it now, I will finish it but just to say its done and get it out the way.
twHNgxP.jpg
e8EHHDP.jpg
lHqrWN4.jpg.

Sorry to hear this pickle you are in

Give him the money back, take the blame and move on with a clear conscious

You did a good try and can learn from the experience

There are lots of good, skilled guys on here if you ask for a bit of help and not just forge on

I would also get a new body and wheels from Airfix and remake it out of box stock for myself to prove you can do it

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

luckily he has not paid for it yet, I bought the model and when I showed it to him he said he would buy it when finished. Just makes me look stupid.

luckily he has not paid for it yet, I bought the model and when I showed it to him he said he would buy it when finished. Just makes me look stupid.

Well I fixed it I filled my revell precision glue pot with super glue then I made a little hole in the air bubble and squeezed the superglue in the hole, then I gradually squeezed the excess glue and air out of the hole. I fixed the decals with a hair drier, I put it on maximum( I figured I had ruined the body anyway so nothing to loose) I heated the decals up then squeezed them flat with some tissue.
ZN98sM2.jpg
Wf4pjWz.jpg
rpbqeqE.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all another update, not long left on this build.
The trouble with all the sprues being in one bag together is that when they knock against each other bits fall off the sprue and you end up with a box full of loose bits. I have discovered that one of the mud guard stays is missing so have had to make one, being a reverse of the one I have it was quite confusing to do but I have managed.
yxRAGoT.jpg
fSxdot1.jpg
2sceCri.jpg
fG1VmeQ.jpg
also don't like the mesh over the lights so put some real mesh on them
DhBuLJz.jpg
vt1Fjv0.jpg
Ghgtb4w.jpg
qLYztqQ.jpg
vdfPbGE.jpg
TcUkE7G.jpg

Hi all, well finally I'm calling this finished.
1I0EKDn.jpg
i3CMuBp.jpg
VVCIZIW.jpg
qtNU3Ap.jpg
ApDPBmc.jpg
4BXLICS.jpg
mJtMBsC.jpg
CaPeOSl.jpg
KiHMtq5.jpg
KRNVFAO.jpg
I know it's a bit of a let down and a bit disappointing, but its not down to the kit, its down to my modeling, so there it is, I cant do any better so I should be happy with it but i'm not.

It certainly is, another British icon I was hoping it would detract from the rubbish build, so it seems it had the desired effect, I was going to try a reflect a London bus or a taxi in the window too but I thought that would be to much.