Model Cars Magazine Forum

X3 Pinto Modified

FordRodnKustom

I'd like to add my compliments as well. A very nice build. And, while I'm not extremely knowledgeable about the NASCAR modified series your car looks spot on. Oh, and those headers are awesome!

I'm not sure what Gregg's intentions were in creating this section... I'm a newbie here and didn't come on board until after the section was created. However, I'd be surprised if there were any objections.

--ron

Nice build of "Gentleman" Jim Hendrickson's Pinto. He also had a Vega and a Falcon that were equally as sharp. I used to watch him run at Islip when I was a kid, again, a great build. And it certainly fits the NA$CAR category since they were the sanctioning body at Islip.

They usually flew a NA$CAR racing series sticker towards the top front edge of the doors, but he wasn't one to clutter up his cars. See the link below.

Bob

http://www.lasheefs.com/PagesDrivers/hendrickson1.html

Thanks Bob. I was wondering if anyone here remembered Islip! I watched him run there too. He also had a Mustang (1st gen coupe body) that I remember well. I'm sure you remember it too. I used those same Pinto pics for my build reference. I have plans in the works for a Charlie J coupe and Vega. Thanks for the reply.

bwjimx3-vi.jpg

offsetcoupe2-vi.jpg

dcoteislip26-vi.jpg

Thanks Bob. I was wondering if anyone here remembered Islip! I watched him run there too. He also had a Mustang (1st gen coupe body) that I remember well. I'm sure you remember it too. I used those same Pinto pics for my build reference. I have plans in the works for a Charlie J coupe and Vega. Thanks for the reply.

I lived close to Islip and if the wind was right, you could hear them at my house, which means I wasn't there that night, but wanted to be!

I started getting into the races at the transition where they were moving away from the coupes and getting into the smaller bodies. Bob Park had a Studebaker Lark, Gene Suidzak had the Chevy II and so on. I remember ALL those cars.

I even had a chance to BUY the Charlie J Vega back in 1983 for something like $3500 less the motor. I looked it over good, wish I had snapped some pix of it. But we didn't have the money to buy it.

Bob

• 1 year later...