Model Cars Magazine Forum

peterbilt 359 wrecker

How do the mold lines on your cab and hood look? I've got tons of flash and plastic buildup on my hood just behind the fender mounting holes. And the fender mounting holes are completely flashed over on my kit. I hate to say it, but I'm going to lose all of that rivet detail on mine. I heard that Archer rivet decals work really well, so I'll have to try that once I get around to building mine.

All of the AMT, Revell, Monogram 359 kits have an odd mold parting seam at the apex of the arch on the hood sides (this appears on the Monogram Kenworth W900 too). On the Revell of Germany 359's, the hood may appear to have a squared appearance to the arch between the hood top and sides. The arch should be smooth and free of lines or hard edges.

359hoodlineremove-vi.jpg

There is also an annoying mold parting seam on the cab cowl that follows the contour of the cab.

cabseam-vi.jpg

Tim

That's typical of this kit - a sharp Xacto blade and some careful trimming and a swipe with some sandpaper will remove that flash. Be careful not to remove the rivets along the hood panel seam. The fender mounting slots - you don't have to clean those out, you can reduce the size of the mounding peg on the fender as the peg/slot shouldn't be visible in the finished build.

Tim

ok here i got some of the motor done and in to some paint i used two diff colors for this it came out nice not to dark not to light let me know what u all think of the paint. and yes airbrush was used for this

post-11100-0-69957100-1420186496_thumb.jpost-11100-0-98174800-1420186502_thumb.jpost-11100-0-91004500-1420186507_thumb.j

Edited by dragzz