Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Scale: Custom "Day Cruiser" Boat: 12/30/14 on the bench

Hello........thank you all so very much for the kind comments........I really do appreciate them :) .........I got paint on the boat.......Plasti-kote Scratch Color 3M 3802........and H.O.K. Sunset Pearl........and a clear coat........I will airbrush a white pinstripe seperating the 2 colors and add some foil to the window frames.........then I will sand it down and give a final clear coat.......thanks for looking.

DSCF3078_zpsglm8ypnf.jpg

DSCF3080_zpsdju7u1pb.jpg

DSCF3081_zpsywomiovh.jpg

DSCF3075_zpsjg11cfug.jpg

DSCF3070_zpsvk9zwxzq.jpg

John.... I am speechless my brother. I think I need to go clean my shorts now :unsure: . I absolutely love the color choices you went with :wub: . I think it would look great with a pin stripe to break the two colors. I love your paint work. Ok You know I have to ask what the two colors you used were. Keep up the great work...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello........thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them :) .........I airbrushed the white pin stripe seperating the two colors.........and gave the body it`s last clear coat.......I also foiled the window frames and got the glass installed........I also instaled the taillights........I will install the interior and engine tomorrow........thanks for looking.

DSCF3217_zpsb5ltdskz.jpg

DSCF3218_zps28wco60a.jpg

DSCF3209_zpsjwrdnjdm.jpg

DSCF3213_zpsz4iwwaht.jpg

DSCF3214_zpsmkka19sx.jpg

DSCF3221_zpstndwhwmu.jpg

Hi Joe........thank you very much for the kind comment.......I really do appreciate it :) ..........I got the interior and engine instaled .........all the plumbing is finished........Jet drive and water pump is instaled.......I also got a mirror mocked-up........I will add the gas tank and battery tomorrow.........thanks for looking.

DSCF3242_zpsc3wnkphb.jpg

DSCF3225_zpslytqun7q.jpg

DSCF3250_zpstjmqutea.jpg

DSCF3232_zpsomrmgyr8.jpg

DSCF3229_zps0w3dw46x.jpg

DSCF3240_zpsx9tejtll.jpg