Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Scale: Custom "Day Cruiser" Boat: 12/30/14 on the bench

Hello.......thanks guys for the kind comments.........I really do appreciate them :) .........I did more mods on the body........I made templates from the Barbie boat to make the hull........I have a ton off mods to go yet.........still in the rough stages........just a reminder that this will "Not" be a replica.......I am using the some of the drawing for reference and putting my own twist on the build........thanks for looking.

DSCF2734_zpsa307d8e9.jpg

DSCF2746_zps52df6741.jpg

DSCF2739_zps49a643ef.jpg

DSCF2736_zpsb4e92d8b.jpg

DSCF2745_zpsb225e458.jpg

Love the whole thing, great design, however, not to rain on your paraide, but there would not be a fan on a boat engine, boats use water cooled engines, either via "closed" systems using an "inercooler" or flow thru cooling using "sea" water that in pumped thru the engine thus cooling it down. But the whole comcept of using the vette body for the "cabin" is great, and seeing some of your earlier work, I know this will be fantastic!

Love the whole thing, great design, however, not to rain on your paraide, but there would not be a fan on a boat engine, boats use water cooled engines, either via "closed" systems using an "inercooler" or flow thru cooling using "sea" water that in pumped thru the engine thus cooling it down. But the whole comcept of using the vette body for the "cabin" is great, and seeing some of your earlier work, I know this will be fantastic!

Ed........thanks for your input.......my friend just told me the same thing.........I`m not really familiar with boats.......but.is it possible to run a boat the way I have it set up?..........I just wanted to do something different.........thanks

John, Not really, they set up you have required lots of air to cool down the radiator, withit inside the "cabin" it wouldn't get enough air to do the job. The simplest this would be to use "sea" water to cool it down. Here is a link showing how they are set up. hope this helps. https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEVzQala5UcLUAIwhXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0dGk4YnBxBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDU2NV8x?_adv_prop=image&fr=moz2-ytff-yff34&va=marine+engine+cooling+system Love the dual rudders.

Edited by SteelyEd

John, Not really, they set up you have required lots of air to cool down the radiator, withit inside the "cabin" it wouldn't get enough air to do the job. The simplest this would be to use "sea" water to cool it down. Here is a link showing how they are set up. hope this helps. https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEVzQala5UcLUAIwhXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0dGk4YnBxBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDU2NV8x?_adv_prop=image&fr=moz2-ytff-yff34&va=marine+engine+cooling+system Love the dual rudders.

Ed and Mike.......thank you so very much.......this really helps me :)

Edited by John Teresi