Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Scale: Custom "Day Cruiser" Boat: 12/30/14 on the bench

Have you considered that a vessel this advanced looking might have a "jet-drive" rather than a prop?

Basically, the engine drives a special water pump assembly that shoots a water jet to propel the craft.

Just something to think about....

I'm sure it will look totally rad no matter which way you go.

Ed........thanks for your input.......my friend just told me the same thing.........I`m not really familiar with boats.......but.is it possible to run a boat the way I have it set up?..........I just wanted to do something different.........thanks

Raw water cooled is easiest. Otherwise you have to have a way to vent a lot of air out of the engine compartment.

BTW a really cool build.

Here I am, late to the game as usual.

Just when I thought you had regained some semblance or normalcy after a mild custom and a mild drag car, you just had to go whacko again.

I don't know squat about boats but I know what I like and this is it.

On the other tentacle, a blower sticking up where you did such a beautiful job of putting in the window split would be too much to ask, right? How about injector stacks coming up between the pillar?

Okay, I'll sit down.

Edited by Nitrozilla

Hello.........thank you all so very much for the kind comments........I really do appreciate them :) ..........Mike Cassidy AKA "Blunk", suggested that I use a jet drive for this boat........so I changed over to a jet drive.......thank you "Blunk" .......I think it looks way better........I made a Berkeley Jet Drive........I will make the pump next.......I also hinged the doors and made more body mods.........thanks for looking.

DSCF2804_zpsdd4b1326.jpg

DSCF2799_zpsdefe9473.jpg

DSCF2800_zpsec2ba995.jpg

DSCF2810_zps422991a0.jpg

DSCF2796_zpsd451d6d0.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all very much for the kind comments........I really do appreciate them :) ..........I made a Berkeley water pump to add to the Berkeley jet drive.........I also made some exhaust tips and a gas tank........I will add all the detail later........thanks for looking.

DSCF2830_zps5940c688.jpg

DSCF2820_zpsa512db9f.jpg

DSCF2824_zps0fa4479d.jpg

DSCF2823_zps9ab8e566.jpg

DSCF2831_zps4762b21e.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments........I really do appreciate them :) .........I got some primmer on the boat.......I will sling some putty on it...........and sand it down........ and give another shot of primmer........thanks for looking.

DSCF2839_zps7dcd2430.jpg

DSCF2837_zpsce20b2e1.jpg

DSCF2841_zps6aca70de.jpg

DSCF2838_zps2bc2c9d5.jpg

DSCF2834_zps07dae730.jpg