Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lonestar tri axle wrecker- Harley Edition

The holidays were fantastic this year. I must've been good, cause under the tree was the Mobius Lonestar, and the Revell Pete tri axle wrecker !!! I already had the day cab from cargostar in the stash...time to get building !The Lonestar wrecker I envisioned looked better as a daycab, and Dave (cargostar) had the grille.

I planned to utilize the front clip from the Lonestar to maintain the cab and hood mounts, and also the front driveline. The Pete frame would provide the frame under the wrecker bed..just the look I was after !

Special thanks to Chuck Most for the advice for the new cab mounts, and a fellow modeler offered a set of 32 Ford headlights .Thanks Steve!

Happy modeling!

20141230_202919_zpslyzpj5kj.jpg20141230_202851_zpshgbwggex.jpg

The cab is just sitting on the modified kit floor , working out whether to use the Pete tanks..or the corn binder set without the fairings. All the chrome will be stripped and replaced w Alclad. The kit slam locks are being replaced for a set from Don Mills which look more detailed.

Jeff

Edited by gotnitro?

20150101_162427-vi.jpg

We have a rolling chassis!!! A cool video showed the Harley Edition engine, so a quick mix of testors enamels..we have color! The tranny still needs paint, and the engine detailed. Also the revised cab mounts are clearly seen , and the Pete tank waiting to be mounted.

next up is the interior, and the custom headlight pockets.

Happy Modeling

20150101_175511-vi.jpg20150101_221108-vi.jpg20150101_221227-vi.jpg20150101_221219-vi.jpg20150103_101538-vi.jpg

Small update for today..The Harley Edition bumper !! The top photo is for reference only, shows the pair of driving lights in the bumper vs, the kit single light. I removed the nub inside w a grinding burr..and eye balled the opening. The final pic is the finished openings, now to box the backs, and add the smaller lights!

thanks for looking in, any feedback welcome