Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lonestar tri axle wrecker- Harley Edition

Wow..Utica date sneakin up fast!! Tom- What ya have planned for the show? I'm sure it will be a fantastic truck like the Prostar

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get more pics loaded. Working out which fuel tank to use, noticed the 1-1 only has one tank mounted below passenger door! Guess the truck has big looks, but short legs! Lol.

Keep watching. .more coming!

well, I promised a few photo's...and boy do I have one everyone should like !! I'll keep that one till last !

First things first, lets get that custom bumper and gaping mouth done. Then mount to the truck , for another test fit !

some reason lately my photos end up showing before the text..agh! sorry

20150105_200743-vi.jpg20150103_193323-vi.jpg

ok, now while that dries..lets head over to the bed and add a few details! The rotator base plate had these funny "gumdrop" looking bolts around the perimeter. These certainly wont do..so I replaced them with bolt/washer details from Meng. Whoa !! Theres not a trace of welding on the trunnions for the boom...some stretched sprue later,a poke and prod w a knife tip, and a proper dowsing with glue, I had the welds I was after.

20150105_180539-vi.jpg20150105_194949-vi.jpg20150105_195006-vi.jpg

the next shots are the Harley Edition headlight buckets .,They turned out rather nice! I used Milliput epoxy putty for the bucket, then skinned them with .010 strip to create the raised area . A few touchups w green putty and its off to primer!

Do you have a link to where I can get those nut and bolts?

Seeing these pictures I wondered what kind of bolts the the kit actually represents. I didn´t bother when building my model. Now, here we go...

003peterbiltwreckermittel_zps4903181f.jp

I don´t know of any manufacturer that would offer these inbus bolts in scale. The hexagonal Meng bolts look far better than the kit molds.