Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alfa Romeo Tipo B P3 (1937)

• 2 months later...

Bob, do you coat the metal parts with lacquer or something so they don't' rust???

Hi Scott,

No, there is no ferrous metal in the kit, just white metal, brass, and the tiny steel screws. Having said that, though, everything gets airbrushed with Floquil.

Cheers!

--Bob

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Bob, you have made a superb model from that old Casadio kit.   I have your article in one of the Kalmbach specials and it makes very interesting reading.

I can remember another of your articles in MCM some time ago when you did a super detailing job on the old Hubley Duesenberg SJ.   Just Fantastic!      My IPMS 50th Anniversary Austin A30 Custom Van was featured in the same issue I think.

Nice to see some old classics super detailed,   Don't know if you might have a copy, but there is an article of mine in an old  2013 copy (I think) of MCM about my scratch built Bugatti T59.

Looking at your 'handle' BSteinIPMS I guess that you are a member of IPMS USA. I have been a UK IPMS member since way back in 1974.

I am a good part of the way with a book I am writing about building model cars that hopefully will sit nicely  between those on  basic techniques and scratch building and would like to use some photos of your work. It is all a bit speculative at the moment as when it is finally finished it will be a matter of finding a suitable publisher!