Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW Golf MK 1 Cabrio

dublin boy

Coming from the man that ordered actual Trabant paint from the former East Germany that's a bit rich!

You have another week or so left on the Trabby?

I know, sad isn't it ....

Yes, I reckon a week or so should have the Trabbi finished

Nice bodyshell, the front wings/fenders are a bit sharp though, so only a tiny bit of sanding needed.

Got it primed and the basecoat on, sorry the pics are very dark, I'll get some outside tomorrow.

It's close enough to the VW colour even though it's Ford Aztec Bronze Geoff! LOL

post-5203-0-35892200-1420326686_thumb.jp

post-5203-0-31992200-1420326706_thumb.jp

post-5203-0-02047800-1420326726_thumb.jp

Standard equipment back in the day!

The frosted bits on the front of the rear wheelarch (for black trim) have nearly dissapeared already even before a clearcoat. it's not too important on the basic Cabrio, but watch out on the GTI, seeing as you have one now Geoff :D

Just got some clear on. It looks better, at least when it's still wet. LOL

Edited by dublin boy

Nice start on the Mk1 Cabriolet. I'm planning to get one, as well as the GTi kit. I've already researched the colours for the GTi (fairly easy as they didn't have too many colours) but it'll take a bit more time to get the information regarding the cabriolet as they used more colours and the car was produced for a much longer time. A neighbour of one of my friends has a cabriolet and I've already got permission to get some detail pictures of it to help me with my build.

Keep us updated on your progress - your paint has turned out really well!