Model Cars Magazine Forum

Issue 191

Craig Irwin

Is this what the $40 a year gets you? Thinking about just getting them from the hobby shop from now on. I know this is not Gregg's fault, it's a great mag. The publisher needs to address this in some way. Sorry for the rant.

Really? How can the publisher be resposable for this dammage? I have a hard time thinking it would leave the printers like that. It's obviously the careless handling by the USPS! Haven't had this problem yet but if I did, that would be were I would start to complain first!

I've subscribed for years and never had a damaged issue. I get mine from a different post office and a different letter carrier than Lee does.

Sad to see some of the color go away, but still a very good quality issue. Higher level content than the pamphlet.

(And, yes, I subscribe to that one, too.)

Edited by Danno

You are one of the luckier ones. I wonder if the paper MCM uses is part of the cause? It is the only mag we get that uses it and arrives damaged.

I had a problem like you are experiencing with a different magazine a few years ago. All my other subs arrived fine but the one was usually beat up. Turned out the letter carrier was a fan also and my subscription was his subscription. I always got my mag after he was done with it. Finally, a couple of complaints to the Postmaster and the problem cleared up.

The thing is, I started getting MCM from the first issue, living at a different address, in a different part of the twin cities, and it has was arriving wrecked then as well. It's not that. It is happening before it arrives up here.

Well, there's always just the whole Twin Cities thing . . . :lol:

It's a little different, but still higher quality than average magazines. It's going to take some adjustment to get used to the reduced color content, but at least the QUALITY of the articles and content is still there.

Actually a very good issue . . . just a little ... different ... than we've been used to.

Hey guys, what issue(s) would say be more Euro centric having 60's era Ferraris and Porsches?

I'm looking to buy some back issues.

Look for old issues of Motor Racing Replica News. I believed it was in print for most or all of the 1990s, maybe beyond 2000.

Are you referring to me? LDO? If you would take time to read, I did not blame Gregg. I just stated that the publisher might need to address this issue, maybe bagging the issues or a paper wrapper around them? I might not have stated this in my post but it was what I was thinking. There was no need for the name calling and I will not drop that low on here.

I have never received a damaged issue. It's not just you, it's all the guys who act like it's the publisher's fault that their magazine shows up damaged. The publisher...or magazine staff... Don't give instructions to "tear up that guy's copy".