Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Car Do You Wish To Be A Model That Isn't?

This has got to be the most frequently asked question on any of the various model car forums. If it ever actually accomplishes anything is up to many debates....many become rather "heated" on the other forum. So, I suppose I'll add my almost worthless two cents worth. My late mother used to have a saying. "Spit in one hand and wish in the other. Watch to see which gets filled the quickest!"

Here goes:

1976-1980 Plymouth Volare' or Dodge Aspen...Coupe OR Wagon

1970-1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT or 1970 S-23 Hardtop

1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst Hardtop

1969 Dodge Polara 500 Hardtop or Convertible

1966 Dodge Coronet 500 or Plymouth Belvedere Satellite Ht. or Convertible

An accurate 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, Gran Coupe, 'cuda, or AAR

1962-1965 Ford Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe's

1967-1976 Plymouth Valiant 4-Door Sedan (Signet series from 1967-1969) (The car in the Movie "Dual" would be nice....a 1971 with the interior and exterior decor groups.)

1967 Ford's... Fairlane 500/XL and Galaxie 500/XL

1968-1969 Chevrolet Impala's

Any Rambler or AMC products

;) Fury3

Cobra Daytona Coupe

1st generation, (64-66), Plymouth Barracuda, (I know AMT did it many years ago, that tooling is now butchered & a new stock version with chassis detailing equivalent to Revell's 68-69 Dart would be nice).

57 Pontiac Bonneville 2 door hardtop.

56 Chrysler 300-C.

65 Plymouth Belvedere.

A newly tooled 39-40 Ford two door sedan, (Revell's 40 Ford coupe would be a great basis for one).

A newly tooled 1965 Pontiac GTO hardtop with an accurate body, (again, Revell has a 66 GTO that would make a good basis, as to engine/drivetrain & chassis).

A 57 Thunderbird with an accurate body.

A new tool 67-69 Thunderbird 2 door would be nice too, a good basis for some cool customs.

A new tool & fully detailed, (not curbside), 63 Corvette. Revell's snap kit is very nice for what it is, but a fully detailed version would be great.

In that same vein, a new tool 61-62 Corvette as well.

A new tooling of the 64 Ford Galaxie.

B)

Thought I'd add a friendly thought. "Model Car World" (MCW) offers a new (last year) resin tooling of the 1965 Plymouth Belvedere Satellite Hardtop (I assisted with the technical aspect of the tooling) and a 1965 Belvedere I 2-Door Sedan. Both of these kits can be built factory stock, or in race versions. He offers resin kits of the 1965 and 1966 Plymouth Barracuda's, based on the original AMT annuals, and they have NOT been modified. He also offers race versions of these, as well. Additionally, he offers many 1962-1965 Dodge & Plymouth B-Bodies which were never produced in kit form before. Example: 1962-1964 Plymouth Savoy 2-Door Sedans, 1962 Dodge Dart, 1963 Dodge 330 2-Door Sedans, and so on. I've built some of these kits for display and advertising on his website, and can recommend them highly....especially when you consider the price, high quality, and prompt customer service. I do not work for him either....just a very satisfied client. ;) Fury3

My list in no particular order:

McLaren F1 roadcar

Maserati MC12

Aston Martin Vanquish

Aston Martin DBR9

Koenigsegg CCX

Pagani Zonda

Lamborghini Reventon

Re-Issue:

Arnie Beswick Boss Bird

Flamethrower Funny car

71, 72, 73 Firebird kits

Chris

I'd love to see more modern and more everyday cars.

I'd love to see my daily driver (01 Grand Am GT) get a model, I think it'd look cool as a model, and I could set it next to the red Trans Am I did to semi-recreate my 2002 Firebird Formula. It'd be like parking my garage on a shelf. :lol:

The upcoming Pontiac G8.

Pontiac Solstice GXP or Saturn Sky Redline, and not just the awkward looking Maisto diecast Solstice.

Even a Cobalt SS supercharged coupe.

The all new CTS sedan or its upcoming Coupe.

While I bet it happens eventually, the new Dodge Challenger would be hot. Why there isn't one yet and there is a new Camaro is strange.

Audi S5 or a R8.

Infiniti G35 coupe or the new Honda Accord Coupe

GMT-900 style Chevy Avalanche and Yukon Denali.

I'd love to see more modern and more everyday cars.

I'd love to see my daily driver (01 Grand Am GT) get a model, I think it'd look cool as a model, and I could set it next to the red Trans Am I did to semi-recreate my 2002 Firebird Formula. It'd be like parking my garage on a shelf. ;)

The upcoming Pontiac G8.

Pontiac Solstice GXP or Saturn Sky Redline, and not just the awkward looking Maisto diecast Solstice.

Even a Cobalt SS supercharged coupe.

The all new CTS sedan or its upcoming Coupe.

While I bet it happens eventually, the new Dodge Challenger would be hot. Why there isn't one yet and there is a new Camaro is strange.

Audi S5 or a R8.

Infiniti G35 coupe or the new Honda Accord Coupe

GMT-900 style Chevy Avalanche and Yukon Denali.

Actually revell of germany makes the Audi R8

Heres my list of cars I wish were models:

08 Chevy Silverado 1500 w/vortec max

08 Chevy Silverado 2500 w/diesel engine

09 Corvette ZR1

upcoming Pontiac G8 GT

08 Porsche 911 GT2

08 Cadillac CTS

Koiengsegg CCX

updated version of Corvette C6

Alfa Romeo BC Competizone

Maserati Quattrope

Cadillac Sixteen Concept

I'm with every body else here on more modern everyday cars and I love the idea of the Interceptor concept car from "The Wraith" too! I'd love to see modern domestic van kits (well any van kits really, just would prefer newer or just repaired older tooling). I don;t know why there have never been kits made of the regular Jeep Cherokee's, but I'd have no problems letting Revell or Hawk take measurements off mine for a kit if they were so interested.

DP Crawford/Porsche

DP Riley/Porsche

Grand Am Porsches

LeMans GT Porsches Late models

LeMans Ferraris Late models

any and all the RUF Porsches

Bentley Speed 8 EXP man what a good looking car

550 Spyder

LMP2 RS Spyder

ALMS Porsche GT-1 Spyder

Grand Am Mazda RX8

Mazda 6

AM Vanguish

AM DB9

Audi RS4/A4 a DPM would be cool, too.

OZ V8 Supercars

WWII German Staff Car (Mercedes)

Edited by CAL

I'd like to see

- street cars -

2008 BMW M6 coupe

'85-'92 Volkswagen Jetta

1980's Monte Carlo "Sport Coupe" - I'd be happy with a resin nose,

Chevy Cobalt

Dodge Neon - First Gen and a SRT-4

- Racing -

Jeg Coughlin Pro Stock Cobalt.

J.R. Todd Skull Shine Top Fueler

Ashley Force Funny Car

Any Austrailian V8 supercars

I'd love to see modern domestic van kits (well any van kits really, just would prefer newer or just repaired older tooling).

I hear you on that, the old AMT Econoline as well as if they'd fix the grille in the AMT/MPC Dodge kit. The abomination in there now doesn't represent any particular year. In fact, if they took the time, there's a couple of grilles that would be accurate with that body thus making the kit multi-year and more desirable IF they'd take the time to do it. If they can replace the chrome bits for the 59 Imperial, they certainly should do something to correct that van kit.

Of course, Mr. Burket deserves the majority of credit for fixing the 59 Imp.

of the OLD cars id like to see the following in no particular order:

a 48 tucker torpedo sedan with engine detail

a mid 80s boxy ford LTD (think of the police or taxi conversions!)

a last of the rear drive V8 powered malibus with inter changeable fascias so you can build a 78-81 (81 was last year of 2 door) and each year had a different front and rear fascia and lights, grilles, and headlight trim (79-84 cars had the same rear fascias, just different style tails)

oh and lastly, a Delorean with opening doors!

of the NEW cars in no particular order:

a GLUE version of the corvette C6 convertible

CURRENT version of the ford crown victoria sedan (again think of the police and taxi versions!)

current version of the impala sedan currently there is only the 00-05 version as a snapper for kiddies.

more if i can think of it, mainly the malibu, the 80s LTD and vette roadster and the Delorean would be great!

I hear you on that, the old AMT Econoline as well as if they'd fix the grille in the AMT/MPC Dodge kit. The abomination in there now doesn't represent any particular year. In fact, if they took the time, there's a couple of grilles that would be accurate with that body thus making the kit multi-year and more desirable IF they'd take the time to do it. If they can replace the chrome bits for the 59 Imperial, they certainly should do something to correct that van kit.

Of course, Mr. Burket deserves the majority of credit for fixing the 59 Imp.

Stoga, haven't seen you here in a while!

The last few runs of the Chevy/GMC G-Series vans (A-Team) have had a few problems too that could stand some fixing and I would love to see the Dodge/Plymouth F/S as well as the Chrysler Mini's done in scale again. I did pick up that Imperial last weekend though, nice kit!

Stoga, haven't seen you here in a while!

The last few runs of the Chevy/GMC G-Series vans (A-Team) have had a few problems too that could stand some fixing and I would love to see the Dodge/Plymouth F/S as well as the Chrysler Mini's done in scale again. I did pick up that Imperial last weekend though, nice kit!

How about a nice model of the original steel Corvette, instead of those crummy fiberglass clones?

some that i would pay cash for would be a 78 ford ltd2 a 87-89 widebody conquest / starion a 93 daytona iroc a 85-86 mustang and a correct 71 mustang.

oh an a note on the 78-81 malibu each year has a unique grill and head light trim setup. just try to find the 80 grill for a 1:1! it was a 1 year deal and there are no repos or replacements left!

Edited by outsider

oh an a note on the 78-81 malibu each year has a unique grill and head light trim setup. just try to find the 80 grill for a 1:1! it was a 1 year deal and there are no repos or replacements left!

yeah i know that for fact, i had a 80, my buddy had a 81. the only exterior parts our cars shared was the sheet metal and glass even the facsia on the 81 is slightly different as it has a emblem in place of the hood ornament my car had (which i removed and had the 'hole' filled in at a professional body shop). oh and i would add that since the 81-84 cars all had the same tails i would not mind a 82-84 front fascia with the dual headlights as a custom option. i have seen a few 2 door 'bus that had the later model front end and i liked it :angry:.

as far as i can remember the tails are all the same for the 78-84 but on the quad head light 'bu's they had the front turn singnal moved to the side of the fender. i've got a 78 an 80 camino an my pop has a 79 bu and a 82 camino while a budy of has a 78 bu and a 81 camino. lol so we got those covered

as far as i can remember the tails are all the same for the 78-84 but on the quad head light 'bu's they had the front turn singnal moved to the side of the fender. i've got a 78 an 80 camino an my pop has a 79 bu and a 82 camino while a budy of has a 78 bu and a 81 camino. lol so we got those covered

well the elcamino and the wagons all had the same lights from 78-84 that is true as they were inside the rear bumper. the tails on the malibu were different from year to year.

78 they were angled when they wrapped around the sides of the fascia and from the side they looked triangular sort of like the 2ng generation camaros.

79 squared off but had their own design to them and unique to the 79 year

80 same as above but they are more flush looking and have a horizontal line running through the middle of the length of them also unique only to the 80 year.

81 similar to the 79 cars where the red and white lenses looked like they were seperate but were not, also unique to the 81 year.

82-84 the back up lights were relocated to be closer to to the license plate/gas cap cover. the lenses were flush like the 80 year but with a series of small horizontal ridges that were on the lenses themselfs.

the 82-84 lenses will interchange on every year EXCEPT the 78 due the opening on the fascia.

i hope that helps, i personally hate that they pulled this ######. one guy smashed one of my tails on my 80 coupe and i searched junkyard after junkyard (this was pre internet and PRE eBay mind you). i finally settled on a set of tails off of a 84 sedan and i liked them better than the ones that came with the car. I kept the other non shattered one in case i could find a 80 tail to put it back to original condition but never found one.