Model Cars Magazine Forum

What do you Drive?

I'm not sure if there's a topic on this forum like this already, but if there is just point me in the right direction. I thought it would be cool if all the "drivers" out there could post pictures of the big rigs they drive, you never know we might run into each other some time. I mostly stay in NC and VA but hey, who knows right? anyways, ill start off, I drive an array of different trucks for my company so here goes!

post-10426-0-39910800-1420404920_thumb.j

post-10426-0-52531900-1420404932_thumb.j

post-10426-0-77900700-1420404985_thumb.j

I dont have any pics of what i currently drive. Simply because the company is gettin rid of old trucks, buyin new. I dont know what ill be drivin for a couple more months, rumored to be a new '15 KW. But this is what used to drive at the previous company.

image_zps62bf4b7b.jpg

image_zps4ba35d4f.jpg

image_zps6583fb69.jpg

image_zpsc7a92616.jpg

The blue truck i drove for a short time. The white truck was stolen a week after this show.

image_zpsbda552a0.jpg

Edited by Petetrucker07

I have no pics to show of the truck I now drive, but it is a 2003 Red Pete 379 daycab pulling a 11000 gallon tanker.

I do have a few of the last truck I drove, it to was a 2003 379.

100_3247.jpg

Edited by cam

I'm not sure if there's a topic on this forum like this already, but if there is just point me in the right direction. I thought it would be cool if all the "drivers" out there could post pictures of the big rigs they drive, you never know we might run into each other some time. I mostly stay in NC and VA but hey, who knows right? anyways, ill start off, I drive an array of different trucks for my company so here goes!

My Western Star.

post-8654-0-79194000-1420417599.jpg

Jeff, how many yards is the drum on your mixer? Curious about the extra axles on that thing. What is the one up at the fill port for?

Chris:

That truck hauls 10.5 yards at a gross weight of #76000. The extra axles are to satisfy the AZ weight laws...two air activated pushers and the hydraulic booster (the one by the charge hopper). The booster axle lengthens the truck to 40ft

I figured it had to be a hefty drum to have that many axles! The most common mixers I see are double-tandem trucks with 8 yard drums, look like this:

IMG_20141114_011344.jpg

The biggest drum I've seen in my short concrete testing career was a 10 yard drum, but it was on a trailer.

First time i ever sat in a truck i was 3. First ride in a truck, 4. First time driving a truck, around the block, 13. A birthday gift from a family friend from South Dakota. It was Freightliner Classic XL. 13 speed, 600 horse 60 series. In kindergarten i could spell International. My grandpa used to say when i was little if i fell and cracked my head open, trucks would come rollin out. Guess i was doomed from the start to be a truck driver.

First time i ever sat in a truck i was 3. First ride in a truck, 4. First time driving a truck, around the block, 13. A birthday gift from a family friend from South Dakota. It was Freightliner Classic XL. 13 speed, 600 horse 60 series. In kindergarten i could spell International. My grandpa used to say when i was little if i fell and cracked my head open, trucks would come rollin out. Guess i was doomed from the start to be a truck driver.

same here Clayton, doomed from the start is right! Grandpa drove for ABF for 30+ years and several fallen companies before. Dad drove since he was 18 and he's still driving, then there's countless uncles and cousins on both sides of my parents family who drive, so why not me right?