Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nnl West March 1, 2008

Gregg

Just bought my tickets to the NNL West

http://www.nnlwest.org

Staying at the Host Hotel, the Hilton I believe it's called this week ;)

I am flying in on red eye, get in Friday morning, plan on spending day up in the city, maybe get some things done as well.

Flying out Sunday afternoon.

I hope everyone will be at this show.

It's always been a favorite of mine, for more than a few reasons!

See you all there!

• 3 weeks later...
I love this show being at S.C CC I go 3 blocks turn right on Tasman and go 1 mile and I'm there ;) lookin' to see 5-6 of the guys from here!..I'm looking forward to it :lol:

Brian

you can find Raul Perez, Jerry Cardinal and myself @ Table #77

please refer to table map on NNL West website www.nnlwest.org

I love this show being at S.C CC I go 3 blocks turn right on Tasman and go 1 mile and I'm there :D lookin' to see 5-6 of the guys from here!..I'm looking forward to it :)

Party is at Brian's house

He gave directions.

There will be four at least from MCM there.

Another great show!..got a chance to say hello to a bunch a guys from this forum, very cool :blink: lots of awsome builds and I agree with Gregg about A. Rio's incredible semi build,..although I had a tough time picking my vote for P.C :o .here's a couple of pics. the rest are in my P.B if your interested click my link and open NNL 08..a big thumbs up to Steve,Andy, Gregg, Bill and the rest of the NNL crew for another excellent event!!..

000_2414.jpg

100_1656.jpg

100_1642.jpg

it was a shame that they did him like that :);):P

the only question is why did they do it like that :huh::huh::huh:

there were many models from the pics ive seen that straight up blew that thing out of the water

sorry about taking up your topic bro

but its a shame that the only way he won was due to the fact it was set up :angry::angry::angry:

That's the way Peoples' Choice is.

It was not a setup from the show, the counts were legit, so please don't think that it was that way.

It comes from the people who voted, plain and simple.

You get people to vote, you win.

from what ive been told by other ppl that were ther

the winner was a friend of the judges at the show and that he didnt even build the car

also that the car was missing pieces but he still won that smells,sounds,and looks like a set up

my info is only as good as my informants

Forgive me if I'm wrong but, If I have read everything correctly, there are NO judges at a NNL contest. It is soley ballot judged by the people. This type of show was created to take the emphasis off of the awards and place it on the people and the models. I have yet to attend a show, but I will be going to the NNL east in a month and a couple weeks and I'll find out first hand. I am entering some builds and I am NOT expecting to win anything. Just having my builds on the table with everyboy else's builds and talking with other builders is plenty rewarding for me. I agree that the rig should have won, but apparently the "people" liked someone else's build better.

Sorry Bro...but Peoples Choice is just that - Peoples Choice!!! :o

having known the guys that run NNL West for o'er 20 years - there wasn't anything fishy done behind closed doors. Besides a NNL is a "model car show", it's not a contest - therefore no judges to judge! B)

All I can say is there sure was a lot of beautiful and extremly well crafted model cars on display this year just as there has been in the past ;)

now your "dragster build off" is a contest and I wanna thank you for throwin it out there, made me get off my butt and get started on the Brut Funnycar that i've been staring at for o'er 6 months now ;)

c'ya

Another person actually won the award for Best of Show but he was not there at the end to receive the award. They called his name out several times and waited about 10 minutes or so. From what I understand, if you're not there to receive the award it goes to the next person with the highest votes. The staff does not choose the winner. The people who attend the show and vote choose the winner.

The staff does present Staff Awards which are papers that show the staff member's name and that he/she has chosen your car as one they liked. There are multiple awards for this.

The people at the NNL West run probably the best show in my opinion.