Model Cars Magazine Forum

1931 Model A

Harry P.

This is the 1/16 scale Minicraft kit. A real pain. Imprecise parts fit, lots of flash and mold seam lines to clean up, and lot of very tiny and fragile parts that were a real pain to install without glue showing.

I detailed and wired the engine, although once the hood is in place it's almost impossible to see in there anymore. Oh well... :rolleyes:

I also added the wiper and wiper motor, the dash mounted choke control, and a few underhood details that unfortunately are pretty much impossible to see now, because the hood only opens so far... it doesn't open up and lay flat on top like the real one does. Paint is Rustoleum "Sage Green" and Krylon "Shortcuts" black, the interior and top boot are painted with acrylic craft paint. I added the contrasting piping on the top boot with thread. The kit windshield was replaced with Lexan. If I could turn back time I would have gone with cream colored wheels, but too late now.

modela9_zpsb86828c6.jpg

modela8_zps3e8859a7.jpg

modela5_zps31592757.jpg

modela7_zps3ed0c1c9.jpg