Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swifster

BIG RIG DOLLIES

Well, if you can find the AMT doubles trailers or the US Mail truck, there are some in those.....

Tom, I have the doubles and it came with two dollies. As JT mentioned the mail truck as well, I believe it to be a single kit with the Ford C cab but have heard that they put a dolly in it as well. Moral of the story........ 1 trailer-1 dolly......2 trailers-2 dollies. Happy hunting. :D:D

If you can't find one then it wouldn't bee too hard to scratch build one or make one from kit parts. I'm sure between the members on here you could scrape together the parts needed to make one.

Looks easy as pie to me, I was going to get on here and ask the same question tonight. Someone beat me to it. LOL

I see the dolly kit by itself on Ebay from time to time?

I refuse to shop ebay anymore. Sold a phone, they let the guy keep the phone, they gave him a full refund, and still are trying to charge me return shipping fee's and seller fee's. Nothing wrong with the phone the guy just didn't want it. So I'm out 320 bucks on that and nothing to show for it. So I don't do business with ebay anymore in any way shape or form.

It doesn't look too hard to scratchbuild something convincing though. Simple leave setup, couple of ibeam sections and a 5th wheel(of which I have an extra because of the logging truck).

I scored the dual trailers on Ebay. If it comes with two dollies....BONUS! It did get me interested in CF in general and building a whole thing. Now I'll just have to find a reasonably priced White-Frieghtliner SD.

I vote BRAVERY. Then again it's not my plastic or $$. I learn alot from watching others alterations though.