Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Ford Country Squire Wagon - completed 3/18

IceMan Collections

Joel, your engine is looking great. Just some thoughts, as I remember these engines in their stock applications had some different colors than what your using. The photo above shows that the carb. and fuel pump is of a silver colored metal. The throttle linkage is on the passenger side of the carb. also. Looking forward to the rest of your build.

Thanks guys.

Lee - Havent decided on a color yet, but I did order a few of the factory colors. After a few tests I should be deciding. :wacko:

David - I'll probably go back and touch up a few things so thank you for that. I wont worry about the linkage since I wont be adding it. What you see there is the fuel line on the correct side.

Thanks guys. Those bolts sure were a pain. And they still are. I just noticed in some of the pics I took that some fell off. Will have to replace a few.

This weekend was busy. Taking down Christmas lights and decorations. I didn't get as much time on the bench as I wanted but I don't want to be THAT house, you know. I did however add some silver/aluminum to the carb and fuel pump to correct the color on those two pieces. Thanks for catching that David. Will also be drilling one more hole in the pump for the line that will lead to the tank later. Ive a started painting parts from the chasis. Pics on that later. I did lay primer the body. Got tired of seeing it there in resin tan. Big difference I think.

C81E68C8-1FA9-403B-8996-082A5AC5478D.jpg

9633D2E8-E835-4D27-9BC1-98350DA0E162.jpg

This weekend was busy. Taking down Christmas lights and decorations. I didn't get as much time on the bench as I wanted but I don't want to be THAT house, you know.

My daughter may have been five, and we were taking a walk in the neighborhood during the summer. She stopped in front of a house that still had decorations and lights up and asked me, "Daddy, why is it always Christmas at that house?"

My invention idea? Rain gutters and leaders with built in Christmas lights! They'd hide behind dark panels unless lit.

Thanks for sharing that interior. It does look nice.

I never heard back from Jerry at Resin Realm for the paint I wanted it. He asked me what colors and then emails stopped. This was a little over a week ago. I was looking for Glacier blue and asked him to quote me a price on about 10 bottles of other colors too. Disappointed I never heard back. Probably busy with life so I understand. I went to the auto shop and looked for the closest color I could find. Came home with Dupli-Color. Avignon Blue Metallic. I love it. It goes perfect. Here's a pic.

C5759A46-36A7-4345-BFEC-DEE809A2A44E.jpg

Thanks Jonathan.

Small amount of work now that I re-opened my eBay store up again. I guess a little bit of progress is better than none. I just wet sanded, re-coated and cleared the body so I can move on the the next colors. Forgot to take pics but will when the clear dries. Added a bit of color to the underside and started adding the fuel tank straps.

014C407C-6314-4AF3-B320-9E1EA544C12A.jpg

CE9295C2-2836-42F8-8547-610CFF30A5B1.jpg

Thanks Carl. Here is today's work. Re-did the main bracket. Initially put too many fittings and it looked bulky. I think it looks way better now. Added the brackets in the rear as well. All that's left is to finish up that section and attach to the wheels.
A1EE1A1B-BED6-469C-98FE-CCFD2B3CE0C6.jpg
CF0EC7F4-D595-41F1-A6B7-40174774C512.jpg
FF796EDB-6FFD-473E-B5AE-F11277E55B24.jpg
E7825D35-DB96-434A-95B8-3DFF8F1EA143.jpg
33E6F5CD-FEE7-461C-A50D-946B5001EC09.jpg
3AAD0490-7BC1-4B6D-A09F-9C6FA2D30AD8.jpg
Added the decals to the air and oil filters.
83F71A2A-2ED1-4629-ADE9-DDDD782874DE.jpg
And finished up the inner fenders.
CF25F400-DBF1-408A-AD91-EDEB70806E57.jpg