Model Cars Magazine Forum

Replaced Front windsheild on 1995 Corvette

got to Replace the front window (windscreen for the blokes out there) on a 95' vette this week pretty exciting and quite challenging at times first time I had done one, hopefully the last lol its a 20 yr old car now Really sweet even though it was not the zr1 just a plain jane still a very cool car the seats seem very thin and appear to look uncomfortable but once you actually sit in the seats not too bad........ the cars next project according to the owner is a paintjob...... after the new front window without blemishes and cracks and issues with it the car practically looked new B) this will be my 3rd time in life sitting inside a corvette :)

got to drive a z06 body style vette (6 speed) around from front to the back of the shop for glass repairs once, and i once as a little kid got to ride in a mako shark body styled stingray way back when i was a small kid ( my Dad brought the guy to get gas he was stranded on the side of the road) :lol:

Edited by MsDano85gt

I seem to think it was a Job well done If i ever have to do a 95 vette again hopefully it will go faster next time, part of the 4 hours was repairing wires to the rear veiw mirror that got cut accidentally :o It was un avoidable tho due to the fact that the wires were in the original glue...... glad i keep extra things the company dosn't provide in my van Electrical tape put connectors and wire strippers saved my Booty :D yes i would rather Take 4 hours on one job and get less work done during the day providing exellent quality vs. shortcutting things and rushing through Thats where one seems to make mistakes.......