Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here is my dads collection of these... He raced them in SCCA for many years, and i think at last count he has owned more that 50 in his life. Still we still own 2 of these. I have a 2dr body laying in his back yard that i plan on building in the next year or so.

Picture020.jpg

The 4dr and wagon we still have, the one on the left we sold on ebay and somehow it made its way to california and Taz Harvey ran it in the La Carrera PanAmerica and did very very well.

Here are some photos when we owned it, the giant wing is actually from the steve millen 300z imsa car, so it was added as a conversation piece.

DSC01650.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

Here I am in the blue neon chasing down (unsuccessfully) my dad and uncle in their 510s at a track day. My uncles car is a 2dr with the "boxer" style flares. Quite fun and quite fast.

Neon6.jpg

And finally this is my first car... Built it when i was 15-16.. wagon turned sedan delivery, hod rodded out way before it was cool 1996-1997

l_441ee34f3b794a1fa15b102d7afb640f.jpg

Edited by Impalow

Hasegawa offers a couple of Bluebird kits. I have these rally versions. They are curbside but they are still very nice kits. I believe they make street version as well.

142329-12155-75.jpg?nr=20207&company=hasX_HAS_Nissan_BlueBird_1600_SSS_1970_Safa

Jesse, Hasegawa calls these "Bluebird" but they are 4-doors and don't have the fast back top like your picture above? Did Hasegawa get it wrong?

Edited by afx

JC, the Japanese market cars where all Bluebirds, only in the U.S. where they called 510, after their model designation of PL510. The rest of the world got the Datsun 1600.

And yes, they do make a street version that is very nice and accurate!

HC_08_a__10802.1409271569.1280.1280.jpg?