Model Cars Magazine Forum

Background diorama / Flatheads to Boxers Engine Rebuilders : new tool, new room

landman

There it is minus taillights. I only have one Merc taillight. then I was going to use the parking lights painted red which would have given it a Lincolnesque look. I may make some with the lenses from a truck sprue and wire frames.

IMG_8978.JPG

IMG_8979.JPG

Edited by landman

28 minutes ago, bill lanfear said:

Been checking this out for some time now and I am amazed every time!  You have a true talent for thinking of and creating about everything! Excellent work!

Glad you like it.

On 1/12/2015 at 4:38 PM, landman said:

I've decided to make some sort of back ground to take photos in or in front of. It'll go here, on an old sewing machine cabinet, next to the door to my shop. It'll be open on two sides and above to allow some lighting.

IMG_1205.jpg

This has come a long, long way Pat!

Love all the details you've put into this

Those tail lights do make quite a difference, Pat........ I suppose you could place a 1:24 scale seated figure on the seat, and then see if his feet are placed squarely on the floor...... that way, you will know if you need to raise the height of the bumper.

David

1 hour ago, Anglia105E said:

Those tail lights do make quite a difference, Pat........ I suppose you could place a 1:24 scale seated figure on the seat, and then see if his feet are placed squarely on the floor...... that way, you will know if you need to raise the height of the bumper.

David

The seated figure is in the Shapeways shopping cart, waiting for a cash infusion. I have to learn how to make magazines. I'm sure I can come up with some ideas for a coffee table.

When I was looking for ideas to make newspapers and books in 1:24 scale I saw doll's house items for sale on Ebay, but I guess you could easily print images of books, newspapers and magazines by reducing the size of the image by 24.

Here is a photo of 1:24 scale office desk with a book and sheets of paper on the desk top. The telephone is too large, even though it was stated as being a 1:24 scale doll's house furniture item.

Cannot upload the photo for you...... I am getting this error message... There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200

David

The gentleman who had commissioned a Porsche 962 to be done for display heard through the grapevine that FTB had done the Allison turbine from the GMC Astro. So he brought his Pratt & Whitney  ST-6 which had been used in a Lotus Indy racer.

DSC_0274.JPG

DSC_0275.JPG

Edited by landman

On 5/18/2019 at 5:55 AM, landman said:

The seated figure is in the Shapeways shopping cart, waiting for a cash infusion. I have to learn how to make magazines. I'm sure I can come up with some ideas for a coffee table.

detailed engine block and a clear top for the table