Model Cars Magazine Forum

Background diorama / Flatheads to Boxers Engine Rebuilders : new tool, new room

landman

1 hour ago, Anglia105E said:

Maybe the new customer is asking the Boss if he might be interested in going into partnership with the engine building business....... ? Perhaps this guy has a substantial amount of money that he would like to invest in such a venture?

David

He does have some cash as we saw in the July 11 posting. Perhaps if he enters into a partnership FTB could do bigger and better things.

40 minutes ago, landman said:

He does have some cash as we saw in the July 11 posting. Perhaps if he enters into a partnership FTB could do bigger and better things.

Yes indeed...... and this could potentially lead to your diorama extending outwards, as opposed to upwards........

• 3 weeks later...

You have probably reached a crossroads in your diorama project, and I find that such a position allows you to make decisions as to where it might go next.This has happened several times with my project, and each time I have stepped back from what is on the table, giving myself time to think more clearly.

David

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Anglia105E said:

Pat.... I was already blown away by your ' Fat ' man figure, but the guy in the blue shirt with the wrist watch, just to the right of fat man is so realistic..... he must BE real, surely?

David

The Printle figures are scanned from real people. That guy is great. The yellow one not so. So the quality varies.

• 4 weeks later...

I love your diorama. I always find something new to look at, and now that you've added figures it just brings it all to life even more. I have to say though, if someone doesn't start getting their hands dirty, the boss isn't going to be too happy.? 

On 11/17/2019 at 11:05 AM, mchook said:

I love your diorama. I always find something new to look at, and now that you've added figures it just brings it all to life even more. I have to say though, if someone doesn't start getting their hands dirty, the boss isn't going to be too happy.? 

👍

Edited by landman

Now you have all these cars and realistic figures in the shop, the whole scene looks extremely life-like...... your lighting is absolutely spot on, Pat and I particularly like the blue Talbot Lago GP car with the front engine cover off. There is so much detail in each of these photos of yours, that I find myself looking around the internal space of the diorama, picking up all sorts of interesting objects....... brilliant !

You have a clever way of positioning each and every component of the scenario.

David

7 hours ago, landman said:

Thank you Mark,Jim and David. Now David, where do think I got the idea of telling stories with the help of the figures?

Thanks, Pat...... and using figures carefully does indeed help tell the story, which then becomes yet another interesting aspect of diorama building.

David

1 hour ago, Anglia105E said:

Perfect !...... Pat, you have matched the conversation to the scenario, to a tee...... the figures are really good by the way, and now it looks like a CATerpillar fork lift truck is about to join the shop's equipment.

David

That was my intent to create a little scenario. However, the fork lift has been there since 2015. It is something else they need.