Model Cars Magazine Forum

Background diorama / Flatheads to Boxers Engine Rebuilders : new tool, new room

landman

The test cell has definately turned out nicely. Would there have been some sort of mesh guard over the moving parts of the engine? We don't want test engineers going too close to those pulleys while wearing a tie...... or maybe only Rolls-Royce engineers would wear a tie? Could be a danger to fingers or long hair, or any item of clothing.

David

27 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

Super nice indeed.  The attention to detail is remarkable.  The clock on the wall is a great idea.

I agree that when in operation the room is off limits.

It is an atmospheric clock which gives both temperature and humidity, both of which can affect the engine's performance.

Horloge%209.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There's a lot going on in your workshops Pat, and everywhere you look there is something of interest...... just looked back at some of your previous pages, mainly because I opened page 4 instead of page 21, and noticed all sorts of little details that I had probably missed before. Marvellous stuff!

David

2 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

There's a lot going on in your workshops Pat, and everywhere you look there is something of interest...... just looked back at some of your previous pages, mainly because I opened page 4 instead of page 21, and noticed all sorts of little details that I had probably missed before. Marvellous stuff!

David

Thank you. I like changing stuff around, I find it gives it life. The readers make their own scenarios imagining what went on.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the little extinguisher by the door may not have enough oomph in it to put out a fire in an engine that is running flat out. So A hobby knife blade container, a curtain glide and some odds and sods are coming to the rescue. They will become a large cart type extinguisher.

IMG_8312.jpg

IMG_8414.jpg

IMG_8415.JPG.6c6d572e68c815724c0eb47028ec9931.JPG

Edited by landman