Model Cars Magazine Forum

Background diorama / Flatheads to Boxers Engine Rebuilders : new tool, new room

landman

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I thought it would be nice to take photos outside of the FTB shops as well as inside. So I went to my friend at Ziebart/Uniglass and asked if I could "borrow" his building.

Ziebart%20Uniglass%20-%20Copy.jpg

Then my cousin photoshopped the Ziebart/uniglass stuff off of it and photoshopped the FTB (flatheads to Boxers) stuff in.

Garage%20plain%202.jpg

FTB%20version%201.jpg

I then had a sign maker print it to scale. We agreed to make it semigloss as he would have had to open a new roll of material to do it in matte. So it ended up too glossy.

IMG_7752.jpg

IMG_7753.jpg

The first photos are with  the image's pavement which I then cut off and took one with my "pavement". I think it will be useable. I may spray it with clear matte.

IMG_7754.jpg

IMG_7755.jpg

Edited by landman

Interesting idea to show the outside of your diorama building Pat, and a clever way to do it too. I particularly like the last in the series of photos, which has the shadow cast by the recovery vehicle. Most of my diorama photos are outside the building so I have to go inside to get the alternative interior shots.

David

IMG_7755.jpg