Model Cars Magazine Forum

Background diorama / Flatheads to Boxers Engine Rebuilders : new tool, new room

landman

I've been buying piles of engines and parts for this. In there were this block and head. Painted them up and drilled out the exhaust ports in the head. Placed it on the shelf.

Apr%2021%2012.jpg

Apr%2021%2011.jpg

Apr%2021%2013.jpg

Made a couple more engine stands and found the three wheeler in the bag of engine parts.

Apr%2021%209.jpg

Added another sign above the door.

Apr%2021%201.jpg

Used some square tubing and made the supports on the body dolly adjustable.

Apr%2021%207.jpg

fantastic work, where are you getting the little wheels for these parts? Are you scratching them or kit bashing?

FTB just completed a Ford SHO for a customer.

DSC_0211_4.jpg

DSC_0210_4.jpg

Ahh... that looks good. I'm putting a SHO in a '32 and this engine is where I was having troubles, totally my fault for trying to detail too much! I made those tiny spark plug square ends and attached the wires into the sides but they keep detaching and can't get them glued back in. It looks like you painted a black square and drilled the wires in.

Maybe I should step back from below ..

plugwiresDSC_0965.jpg

Edited by Foxer

Ahh... that looks good. I'm putting a SHO in a '32 and this engine is where I was having troubles, totally my fault for trying to detail too much! I made those tiny spark plug square ends and attached the wires into the sides but they keep detaching and can't get them glued back in. It looks like you painted a black square and drilled the wires in.

Maybe I should step back from below ..

That is exactly what I did.

• 2 weeks later...

FTB has changed the display trio to two OHC engines which were developed for NASCAR and one to compete in the muscle car market but neither of them  made it as intended.

DSC_0212_3.jpg

Edited by landman