Model Cars Magazine Forum

Background diorama / Flatheads to Boxers Engine Rebuilders : new tool, new room

landman

On 2/4/2022 at 7:58 AM, landman said:

Found it. It is a resin by ResiCast. So not likely to show up in 1:25. 3D would have been more possible.

They say it's resin cast but with that level of detailing in 1/35 scale I would bet it's really printed,,, Wouldn't a 1/8 version be trick?

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed the ' Diamond T trucks ' badge on the back wall in your two photos, and I remember the garage where I got my first job when I finished school at the age of 17 . . . . They had a Diamond T recovery vehicle and it was an absolute monster ! When the engine was started up for this truck to go out on a breakdown, the two vertical stacks were pumping out smoke and the sound was quite something. The engine was removed from that truck for an overhaul one time, and I had a close look at the internals of the engine. My job was partsman, so I had to source parts for the Diamond T engine. Happy days !

David

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anglia105E said:

I might be wrong about the ' two ' stacks actually . . . . . There would have been only one stack if the engine wasn't a V8 or V12  ?

David

In the days of the Diamond T most likely. Today it is common to see two stacks on a 6 via y pipes.

8 hours ago, Big John said:

Is that a set of duel turbos for the Corvair?  Great collection of engines Pat I always see something new when i tune in.  Thanks!

It is a  a turbo assembly but a single. The thing on the right is the air cleaner. We are looking at the backside of it.Glad you are liking this.

20190407183623-1554820697552@2x.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, landman said:

There is a Shelby show in a nearby city. It was decided to take all three.

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

I reckon the darker blue one being loaded onto the transporter first may well turn out to be the winner Pat . . . 

David

• Like 1

• 2 months later...