Model Cars Magazine Forum

A truckers view of mother nature.

I thought this might be good topic to let some of countries landscape be shown from a trucker. With what i haul and where i gotta go to get it, allows me to see sights that quite possibly nobody else will ever see. I need to dig through my picture discs and files on the computer for more.

This was taken this morning in Goodsorings, Nv. A small town about 45 minutes south of Vegas.

image_zpsd510a3c8.jpg

This sunrise was taken in Baker, Ca, Dec 2013

image_zps2e5dab32.jpg

This sunset was taken in Apex, Nv, half hour north of vegas, Feb 2014

image_zps4b2f276e.jpg

Edited by Petetrucker07

I got this pic at a rest area outside of Newberry, SC on I-26 in August, 2012 on the edge of a summer storm.

HPIM4082.jpg

It wasn't an easy pic to get, I had to set the camera on "burst" mode and then go through the multiple pics to find one that came out the way I wanted, it took almost a half an hour with night closing fast to finally get the pic.

That is Zues showing his annoyance of a Peterbilt with "Werner" logos ;)

Seriously those are some magnificent pictures. You guys should collaborate and make a calender.

Thats too funny.

Looks way cool though

That is funny!! :lol:

I do have plans to edit the Wenie Wagon from the pic and replace it with my Ford I've been forever working on for a mural on the back of the sleeper. I figure it's fitting since I have named that truck "Thunderstruck".

If you know how to compose a shot, and know how to work with the settings and whatever you have, than it's not the camera so much as the photographer, though since purchasing one I do have to admit a good DSLR makes a huge difference.

Some people insist become a perfect photographer before buying a DSLR. I disagree. The DSLR brought out the fact that I was NOT a good photographer, and forced me to learn to become a decent one. Now my phone pics are no longer nice, they are great. I have photo prints for sale taken from my phone.

Here's one I took an early morning in November 2012 on the Interstate 15 going over Cajun Pass in the Mojave dessert California.

IMG_8423b.jpg

I have lots of "nice view" pictures from my travels to your country so I can contribute if you want to see more, they are mostly from the So-Cal area, Arizona and Nevada.

But I have more than 10.000 pictures to go through from those trips so it might take a while. ;)

Edited by Force