Model Cars Magazine Forum

A truckers view of mother nature.

I got this pic at a rest area outside of Newberry, SC on I-26 in August, 2012 on the edge of a summer storm.

HPIM4082.jpg

It wasn't an easy pic to get, I had to set the camera on "burst" mode and then go through the multiple pics to find one that came out the way I wanted, it took almost a half an hour with night closing fast to finally get the pic.

that is an amazing pic!

Great shots Clayton! I'd title the first one "Drunken Pilot" :lol:  What that in front of you in the 2nd pic, a Ferrari?

The first is the vapor trail from a meteor over Arizona Thursday morning. The car in front of me is a Porsche. I didn't catch what model, but I did read Porsche.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks good Clayton.  Open road, looks like you could let that rig go a little quicker than usually. 

What's with those double, double lines on the road?  I've never seen those before, what's the deal?

Sorry it's taken me this long to respond to your question Michael. 

The double double yellow, the road is widening at that moment to allow for a center turn lane.

Here are a few shots this week, all taken the same day.  

The sunrise headin towards Vegas.

Next these stacked boulders are the 7 Magic Mountains monument just south of Vegas. It was funded by MGM and reportedly cost around 5 million. If you zoom in, you can see people wandering around the base. These stand up to 7 stories tall.

Great pics Clayton, your rig looks like fun too, very nice.

Just my 2cents, I think MGM has done better than that installation.  Are they in cahoots with Google?  And folks actually walk up to the silly things?  Maybe push a button on one of the colors and out pours cold lemonade?