Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greymack

Hot Rod Henry's repair pt 1

Well doing a diorama again of a old classic hot rod shop from the 1930's period. I still have a lot of work to do with weathering and adding shop details but here is the first view .

012-4.jpg

011-2.jpg

014-3.jpg

013-4.jpg

That is what I have so far more to come.

i want to comment on this , first of all i really dig the look of the front , like the door and style ... i feel the idea and concept ... that said .. i want to comment on the material used .. and i really mean this in the best way possible , not in a bad way !!

cardboard just isnt the right material , it warps isnt a stirdy base ... and that said there are so much nice get it for free materials out there ..

like scrap wood for instance or even old panels of laminate flooring ... but also all kind of hard plastics ..

a good base / floor - walls etc can be build for no money if you just look for nice materials ..

next time i would try to use stirdy material for the walls ... again ment whell !!

I may be wrong... so someone correct me if I am, but I don't believe the term "Hot Rod" was used until after WW2. So may not be correct for a 1930's dio.

Tony

Yes Tony , you are partly correct . The term "Jalopies" would be more period ........................