Model Cars Magazine Forum

name that movie car

mnwildpunk

Since I did two '57 Caddy Eldorados, let's try a pair of '66 Mustangs with a connection:

16267082897_2a4db4a9eb_c.jpg

16451607401_1be6b11d72_c.jpg

Hint: Two different films that deal with the same subject; one a docudrama and the other a drama based loosely on the same incident. The lead actor in the docudrama was taken seriously for the first time after this role and has had a very successful career; the lead actor in the drama (despite a chilling performance) had a brief career and died in obscurity.

Good luck!

Yeah me too Jim, even when they trash the Minis towards the end :(

I hear you. I'm a big fan of those little cars. Heck, even though I'm 6'3" and, well, too heavy (and let's just leave it at that, shall we... ), I prefer small cars to big ones, as long as I can fit in them comfortably. I fit in REAL (read: BMC, pre-BMW) Minis just fine, thank you very much! Those little guys are an absolute blast to drive! OK, I'll admit, even the Coopers aren't real fast compared to Corvettes and Porsches, but they're QUICK! The sad thing about the movie is that, although the Miura was just the stripped-out shell of a car that had been totalled, semi-straightened, and reskinned, all three of those Minis were decent cars. What a waste.