Model Cars Magazine Forum

I wish mine was a manual but my 51dodge is a manual so that's fun with 392 I put in it. The pushbutton chrysler is fun to leave with valets most the time it is sitting in the same place I left it. So if I went with a big block like a 460 or something is that taboo to ford guys and would I have to upgrade the tranny to a c-6

You would need the c6. Best place to find a factory bulletproof c6 that won't cost much is behind a 460 in an old econline van or f250/350 from the late 70s early 80s. They have extra bands, clutch packs and cooling capacity. I used one in a 460 fox mustang swap. I have a couple more stowed away in the collection

The FMX is essentially a C-6, just with the option to adapt, which makes it a far better choice to use in a car or truck. They usually cost a little more to have, but they are tough.

That's why you see so many of them being used.... Lol. Just stay away from the FMX if you can help it

Wife is making me sell it because she says I have to many cars/trucks as it is.

As someone who kept half a dozen restorable cars, some for 25 years, you may as well sell a few that you haven't gotten to in a long time. Use the funds to restore the one or two nearest to your heart. I wound up having the great car sell off when I was moving and saw the writing on the wall. I did make near $10,000. I haven't replaced any yet, but when I do it will be with a running and driving car I can enjoy. At my age I'd rather be cruising than working under cars.

I already have two cars I love and restored my 51 dodge with a 392 and a four speed and my high school 87 camaro which I ditch the 2.8l I now have a $5000 5.7L engine in which I built myself. Edelbrock efi intake.wilwood disc brakes front and back. I finally fixed the the rear hatch self locking/lowering mechanism. The camaro is my baby. I do plan on selling the galaxie to fund my packard clipper. If my wife had her way it would be a beetle to get next