Model Cars Magazine Forum

'40 Ford Tudor Street Rod

mrmike

This is my '40 Ford Tudor Street Rod built from the AMT '39/'40 Ford Tudor Custom Tudor Sedan kit that I bought at an auction of a deceased Classic Plastic Model Club member collection of kits. The body is painted with Testors Lime Ice One Coat Lacquer with Model Master Acryl Leather interior. Built mostly out of box with the addition of an exhaust system from my parts box.

Tudor41.JPG

Tudor42.JPG

Tudor43.JPG

Tudor44.JPG

Tudor45.JPG

Tudor46.JPG

Tudor47.JPG

Edited by mrmike

Thank you guys! Every now and then I get an AMT kit that just doesn't want to go together and when I started this build, I was sure that this was one of them. I choose to build the Tudor out-of-box with only having to dive into my parts box for an exhaust system and when it was completed, I had a great looking model and so far, the response from the members of my model club and you wonderful folks have been very positive. Thanks!

Every now and then, I like to bring up an old posting of one of my models.  This one was under discussion at my Club's Play Date and it was suggested that I bring it into the Club meeting for Show-N-Tell on Saturday.  I replaced the pictures that were removed when I cancelled my Photobucket account and updated the original posting.  Enjoy!

Tastefully done. Great color, and nice job on getting rid of the nasty ejector pin markings on the underside of the running boards.

Impressive as Cragars look good on any car. Always loved those wheels. I have a set for my Galaxie, that I want to use on her when I go to car shows that are more hot rod oriented. Just waiting for some 15" raised white lettering Wide Ovals to arrive.