Model Cars Magazine Forum

Two Old Skool Builds

rmvw guy

Having some fun at the beach today photographing these two just finished hot rods. Seems everyone had a '26 T Black Widow back years ago except me. The other '32 pickup was around the same era I think. Both cars could have electric motors installed with room for batteries in the bed I think. I always shied away from these type 1/24 scale kits. Well now I am a fan. No doubt they are model cars by the look. I love them, real fun building. I used the left over decals from the Widow on the '32. Enjoy!!!IMG_0212_zps23514733.jpgIMG_0211_zps076f4af7.jpgIMG_0205_zps7d87e53a.jpgIMG_0197_zpsbc13728c.jpgIMG_0249_zps8608c118.jpg

Thanks so much guys you made my day today. Back home again in Indiana just now all the way from Gulf Shores, Alabama where the photos were taken. Glad to have missed the round of cold and snow here, now in the 40s here. This is a beautiful country we live in. Some people must have thought I was crazy laying on the beach and taking pictures of model cars. A couple asked if I was alright. What we do for our hobby. Thanks for all the wonderful comments.

Oh, and the two cars were totally painted with Testors enamels and finished in three days while at the Gulf. Glad I could put a smile on someone's face besides the one I had while building these. Simple and Fun! That's what it's all about! :) Thanks again.