Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Elapsed Times Is Out!

Snake45

Just got it at Walmart--Fiat Altered on the cover, lotsa good stuff inside!

The next Hot Rod Deluxe should be out in the next week or two--it comes out near the end of odd-numbered months.

Edited by Snake45

Does anyone make decals for the Magic Muffler Fiat?

Dunno, but check out the other Fiat at the bottom of page 27. It's got a stretched front end like the AMT Double Dragster kit body--you could easily build it from the DD kit, if you knew the color.

There's a title I thought was gone. After Source Interlink killed several of their titles, I expected it to also be discontinued. Based upon comments of one of its freelancers, it was supposed to be printed this past fall. I doubt it will be reprinted.

As for Hot Rod Deluxe having too much reprint material, some may consider that a negative while others a positive.

Finally considering the Magic Muffler Fiat.....the restorer claims to have bought the rights to the name for the Magic Muffler chain. He was upset with the inaccuracy of the GMP diecast of this car. I asked about decals for the car and the response was at best very negative.

If I had a printer, I'd create the artwork......There is an abundance of resources available on-line.

If I had a printer, I'd create the artwork......There is an abundance of resources available on-line.

I think this article on the MM Fiat is about all the resource anyone would need to model that car. I haven't seen many cars photographed better for the modeler. Outstanding article and art!

I'm in the middle of the Wally Booth article now--more good stuff, including some good info on Da Grump I hadn't read before.

My Walmart had models for the last year or so, even a few good ones ever now and then. But I think they're getting ready to phase them out again. All the paints are now gone, and there's only 2-3 dozen kits left, most of which--I'm not making this up--are Revell Foose '67 Chargers. There must be at least a case of those on the shelves, maybe two cases of them.

My Walmart had models for the last year or so, even a few good ones ever now and then. But I think they're getting ready to phase them out again. All the paints are now gone, and there's only 2-3 dozen kits left, most of which--I'm not making this up--are Revell Foose '67 Chargers. There must be at least a case of those on the shelves, maybe two cases of them.

According to the manager of our Redding Wal-Mart, it's up to the individual store as to whether they want to carry models or not, there's only one within fifty miles from me that carries them and their stock right now is down to less than six cars, and even worse for paint, Christmas cleaned them out. But they said that after the usual first of the year inventory mess is over that there will be new stock, I do know I thought that they were phasing them out again just after thanksgiving because they cut the display area in half and put a few on a clearance aisle, but the next day there was a large direct from Revell display in the main aisle that was a lot better stocked than the other aisle ever was, and they still had the original location too.

I hope everyone continues to support CC magazine and go's out and purchases ET Magazine (don't forget the back issues) For my money it's been the best thing out there since they started the series. I called CC about a month ago with fear that they were going to dump the series, they said they were late in getting to the printer. I spoke with Amy Diamond ( VP Editorial Operations) much to her surprise she said that she has gotten allot of feed back from modelers about the publication! WAY TO GO MODLERS!!!!! She also said if any of us gray hairs know any Drivers, Crew Members and the like from back in the day they would love to hear from US!!!! I have every Issue and have read each one from cover to cover many times as I always learn something. Living Just North of Kenosha Wi, Never a big fan of the AMC stuff but always a fan of Wally Booth, due to his connection with the auto maker just down the road and he did allot of Match Racing at Great Lakes Dragway, Union Grove, Wi. I was not aware of his brilliance and his connection with the Grump, fascinating story!