Model Cars Magazine Forum

Force 440 Police car

am73grand

This was one of my favorite kits as a kid. I remember getting it for Christmas from my Uncle. A few years ago I tracked one down and recently got to work on it.

I built this one box stock. The only addition was the antenna on the trunk. It's hiding a nasty mark on the decal.

xk_WUr65cQrXAjr_itK2DUBiQsvNQU-vi.jpg

pHAAVSm32KlBdhFaVNkkRxz_5B_OZu-vi.jpg

k_4ogl7-vi.jpg

a-vi.jpg

VBdwkVWoVMCrFw_yZb6PC27aXp23_c-vi.jpg

LV2yj0_GaEPI5-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Oh man does that bring back memories. I had this one also displayed on my shelf with Semi's as a teen.

Very nice work you have done and a great idea to hide the decal flaw. I would of never suspected any different. I like the extra large First-Aid kit so they can patch up the "bad guy" after the pursuit and shoot out ! :lol:

Is this kit available again ?

Oh man does that bring back memories. I had this one also displayed on my shelf with Semi's as a teen.

Very nice work you have done and a great idea to hide the decal flaw. I would of never suspected any different. I like the extra large First-Aid kit so they can patch up the "bad guy" after the pursuit and shoot out ! :lol:

Is this kit available again ?

Thanks everyone! This was a fun trip down memory lane!

Sean this kit was converted into a four door and released as Roscoe's police car. I doubt we'll ever see the two door version again.

• 3 years later...

Ron and Dominik, I love your builds of this kit. I just bought a "Force 440" Dodge Monaco today from one of my favorite guys I but models from. It was a little glue-bombed, but unpainted, and 99% of the Police goodies are in it. It came apart easily, and aside from filling the holes for the roof light bar, and side whip antenna, it cleaned up well. I have to get a hood and some glass, but that is not a problem. I have 3 of the 4-doors, T.J Hooker Car, A Joker/Goon Car, and a Dukes of Hazard Car, and a extra partial 4 door I bought  The county where I live (Prince George's County, MD) used these cars for patrol vehicles, and I intend to build one of them as such, as well as Hunter's Green Sedan, as well as a either a CHP or Los Angeles Police Cruiser. This kit as been a grail of mine for years, and I plan to build it as a civilian car, as it is bizarrely equipped to be a Police Cruiser as kitted. A friend of mine was going to purchase a one to one in 1978 in black, with a gold landau roof, and gold interior. I happen to like that combo, or else I can do it as an undercover car. I may do it up like I did my '73 Road Runner, using the detailed chassis and running gear from the excellent AMT '71 Dodge Charger R/T. I am doing my research on how the car is going to be detailed for my build.

I've seen photos of two-door hardtop Monaco and / or Gran Fury Pursuit vehicles with the "A38" Police Conversion ( but not having seen the V.I.N. , I couldn't tell if the 2nd character is an "L" or a "K" ) . These had the top-engine-for-two-door-B-bodies : the 'P' Code 400-HP ; all were automatics .

I don't remember which agencies ordered these cars --- I'm leaning toward Washington State , Montana , and / or Idaho . Of course , I can't find the images now ...

• 1 year later...