[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
am73grand

Force 440 Police car

This was one of my favorite kits as a kid. I remember getting it for Christmas from my Uncle. A few years ago I tracked one down and recently got to work on it.

I built this one box stock. The only addition was the antenna on the trunk. It's hiding a nasty mark on the decal.

xk_WUr65cQrXAjr_itK2DUBiQsvNQU-vi.jpg

pHAAVSm32KlBdhFaVNkkRxz_5B_OZu-vi.jpg

k_4ogl7-vi.jpg

a-vi.jpg

VBdwkVWoVMCrFw_yZb6PC27aXp23_c-vi.jpg

LV2yj0_GaEPI5-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Oh man does that bring back memories. I had this one also displayed on my shelf with Semi's as a teen.

Very nice work you have done and a great idea to hide the decal flaw. I would of never suspected any different. I like the extra large First-Aid kit so they can patch up the "bad guy" after the pursuit and shoot out ! :lol:

Is this kit available again ?

Fantastic build Ron. Super nice interior, looks good with all the guns in there...

Never seen this kit built as the cop car version. Pretty cool. And very nice job.

Scott

Oh man does that bring back memories. I had this one also displayed on my shelf with Semi's as a teen.

Very nice work you have done and a great idea to hide the decal flaw. I would of never suspected any different. I like the extra large First-Aid kit so they can patch up the "bad guy" after the pursuit and shoot out ! :lol:

Is this kit available again ?

Thanks everyone! This was a fun trip down memory lane!

Sean this kit was converted into a four door and released as Roscoe's police car. I doubt we'll ever see the two door version again.

it's an awesome build. don't see many of the 2 door versions built

Nice little Dodge, good looking oldie, i like it!!

Perfect!

You're the first one i see from this really rare and cool kit that is built.

I've built it as a retired 440...

CIMG120819_083.jpg

Well done!

One cool police car,very nicely done. I have one build up or gluebomb if you want who need to be restored.

Fresh or weathered, both look real cool. I love Cop Monaco's

Ron and Dominik, I love your builds of this kit. I just bought a "Force 440" Dodge Monaco today from one of my favorite guys I but models from. It was a little glue-bombed, but unpainted, and 99% of the Police goodies are in it. It came apart easily, and aside from filling the holes for the roof light bar, and side whip antenna, it cleaned up well. I have to get a hood and some glass, but that is not a problem. I have 3 of the 4-doors, T.J Hooker Car, A Joker/Goon Car, and a Dukes of Hazard Car, and a extra partial 4 door I bought  The county where I live (Prince George's County, MD) used these cars for patrol vehicles, and I intend to build one of them as such, as well as Hunter's Green Sedan, as well as a either a CHP or Los Angeles Police Cruiser. This kit as been a grail of mine for years, and I plan to build it as a civilian car, as it is bizarrely equipped to be a Police Cruiser as kitted. A friend of mine was going to purchase a one to one in 1978 in black, with a gold landau roof, and gold interior. I happen to like that combo, or else I can do it as an undercover car. I may do it up like I did my '73 Road Runner, using the detailed chassis and running gear from the excellent AMT '71 Dodge Charger R/T. I am doing my research on how the car is going to be detailed for my build.

Very nice:
I have also liked the Force 440 kit since my youth but I never had one, I got me an unbuilt model recently tho'.

I've seen photos of two-door hardtop Monaco and / or Gran Fury Pursuit vehicles with the "A38" Police Conversion ( but not having seen the V.I.N. , I couldn't tell if the 2nd character is an "L" or a "K" ) . These had the top-engine-for-two-door-B-bodies : the 'P' Code 400-HP ; all were automatics .

I don't remember which agencies ordered these cars --- I'm leaning toward Washington State , Montana , and / or Idaho . Of course , I can't find the images now ...

Nebraska State Patrol ran 2 door coupes...

Jeff