Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tesla vs Hellcat

I'm not expecting gas to stay this low for the long term. Some stupid world event will happen and it will jump up overnight. It's actually impossible for it to be this low. If you told us this a few years ago we never would have believed it

Billionaires are literally buying oil tankers or space on them to store millions of barrels - yeah, oil will be back...probably be paying $4 a gallon next year.

Billionaires are literally buying oil tankers or space on them to store millions of barrels - yeah, oil will be back...probably be paying $4 a gallon next year.

You can buy a single-hulled, 30 year old tanker for around $5 million, empty (still operable, but on the way to the scrapyard). Say it's a smallish tanker, only a million barrels or so. Buy oil today at less than $50 / barrel and hold it til it's back up to $100. I could live on the profit for a while, quite nicely.

Since the Challenger is meant to evoke a 60s or 70s muscle car feel, Torqs are the perfect wheel for it. The Volk wheel longbox put up would look good as well.

the cheez factor is strong, needs florida plates and handiplacard to complete the look

ar-vn515-torq-thrust-ii-1-pc-polished-do

i prefer the more aggressive fitting Donz Forged

ferrignochallenger.jpg

Forgis look good when applied in staggered offset.

8736894282_66c3558e75_z.jpg

and the best set some replica SRT10s

SRT10.jpg

You can buy a single-hulled, 30 year old tanker for around $5 million, empty (still operable, but on the way to the scrapyard). Say it's a smallish tanker, only a million barrels or so. Buy oil today at less than $50 / barrel and hold it til it's back up to $100. I could live on the profit for a while, quite nicely.

if thenew gasoline doesn't varnish by then

You guys can bang the drums and wave the 'murican flag all you want, but the 2014 Focus we just bought was assembled in Wayne Michigan by UAW peeps. It has only 45% US parts. The Kentucky Toyota and Indiana Subaru have a much higher US content. Question for the economists out there: Which car supported more US jobs? What really constitutes an American car?

You guys can bang the drums and wave the 'murican flag all you want, but the 2014 Focus we just bought was assembled in Wayne Michigan by UAW peeps. It has only 45% US parts. The Kentucky Toyota and Indiana Subaru have a much higher US content. Question for the economists out there: Which car supported more US jobs? What really constitutes an American car?

Yep. All for the almighty dollar. This is heading to the off topic area so I'll say this and be done with it. Businesses these days have no loyalties but that. Figuratively speaking, if there were ever a "universal-Global dollar " it might as well be hung up on a post with whatever flag any country displays. It's really too bad but that's the way it is. I'm no economist and I don't know the answer to your questions but I almost cringe at what the answers are.

Edited by mustang1989

I wouldn't think a car assembled in Canada by a company owned by Italians would be an "American" car, but apparently to some, it is.

As far as the most American car? 7 of the top 10 are "Japanese"...Toyota and Honda. Most American, according to some sources, is the Ford F-150. Do they (the Japanese makes) add the most to the American economy? I have no idea, but they provide a lot of jobs but the parent company is still Japanese owned. I wonder if the Japanese complain about all the Americans taking thier jobs...I would think the Ford F-150, being American owned, would be the automobile that contributes the most, but I am sure there are other factors my simple mind doesn't know it deosn't know.

I just had to chuckle. A world goal after World War II was to intertwine the economies of world powers so that they'd be so dependent on the others that there could be no more world wars. And we've pretty much done that, except for some third world jerks that still need a good thrashing.

And we're here complaining about it! :P

Be prepared to spend money on whatever fees are necessary to keep that ship moored or tied up to a dock; then, add costs for the maintenance that it will require and 24/7/365 security.

I just had to chuckle. A world goal after World War II was to intertwine the economies of world powers so that they'd be so dependent on the others that there could be no more world wars. And we've pretty much done that, except for some third world jerks that still need a good thrashing.

And we're here complaining about it! :P

In theory, a "global economy" and a "global currency" make a lot of sense. In theory, communism also makes sense. As does capitalism. The problems with all of them arise when the innate dark side of human nature (greed and lust for power) turns an idealistic dream into an unsustainable reality.

In theory, a "global economy" and a "global currency" make a lot of sense. In theory, communism also makes sense. As does capitalism. The problems with all of them arise when the innate dark side of human nature (greed and lust for power) turns an idealistic dream into an unsustainable reality.

True. Anarchy and true communism are BOTH perfect - until you add humans.

True. Anarchy and true communism are BOTH perfect - until you add humans.

There was a time in the early 20th century when the communist movement wanted to redistribute all the wealth in the USA equally to every man. Rockefeller quipped that the very next day there would again be the rich and the poor. Quite true!

Edited by Tom Geiger