Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 Scale 1953 Citroen By Heller

I'm posting some pictures for a friend of mine from another non competing site named www.scalemotorcars.com . His name is Mario Lucchini and he's building a 1/8 scale Citroen made by the Heller company. He decided to fully superdetailed this model with some scratchbuilt parts, nuts and bolts and whatever else he could dig up. I thought you guys might like to see the incredible work this builder is doing. When finished, this model will be unlike any other in the world.

est-1.jpg

So that he could have a working stand and a photo platform, Mario scratchbuilt a stand exactly like the one Citroen used when they made the original.

cit-1.jpg

Here's the engine in the stand. The next few pictures will show the engine as he adds on parts.

cit-2.jpg

cit-3.jpg

cit-4.jpg

More to follow. Hope you enjoy.

>So that he could have a working stand and a photo platform, Mario scratchbuilt a stand exactly

>like the one Citroen used when they made the original.

wow i like that idea!

what a cool looking motor in whats sure to be a cool looking car!

dont let junkman talk you into replacing it with a hemi V8!

>So that he could have a working stand and a photo platform, Mario scratchbuilt a stand exactly

>like the one Citroen used when they made the original.

wow i like that idea!

what a cool looking motor in whats sure to be a cool looking car!

dont let junkman talk you into replacing it with a hemi V8!

Why? What's wrong with that?

No, seriously, this is up with the best I've ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

It's time for me to put some more of Mario's incredible work on the forum. Included is some of the suspension modification work he's done. Hope you enjoy. this big scale stuff really has potential.

cha-1.jpg

This one shows the front part of the suspension mostly stock with some styrene added to strenthen the assembly.

cha-2.jpg

cha-3.jpg

ped-2.jpg

• 1 year later...

cit-4.jpg

Can anyone shed any light on why at this scale, 'belts' are 'O' rings? :unsure: I confess

my ignorance, and I'm probably wrong to assume this, but surely the 'belts' on this

exquisite model aren't prototypical? Surely someone could make 1/8 scale Vbelts.

Can't wait to see more of this, and sorry 'bout the 'belt' thing. I've just always wondered ;) .

cit-4.jpg

Can anyone shed any light on why at this scale, 'belts' are 'O' rings? :unsure: I confess

my ignorance, and I'm probably wrong to assume this, but surely the 'belts' on this

exquisite model aren't prototypical? Surely someone could make 1/8 scale Vbelts.

Can't wait to see more of this, and sorry 'bout the 'belt' thing. I've just always wondered ;) .

Party pooper! ;)