Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Chrysler 300

S. Svendsen

Here's an '80's flash-back! I originally built this pro-street Johan '62 Chrysler 300 back in '86. I recently pulled it out of my showcase to do some repair work and upgrade it. Gotta love the '80's. There was a lot of questionable automotive styling trends applied to this model. I wonder what today's hot rodding trends are that we will shake our heads at in the future. More pics and all the details are on my site at the link.

http://www.svensworldofwheels.com/62300page.html

1962_chrysler_300_hot_rod.jpg

1962_chyrsler_300.jpg

pro_street_chrysler_hemi.jpg

I can't remember if this model was pictured in a magazine or not. It might have been featured in Scale Auto in one of their contest features.

I think you're right, because that bad boy does look familier!!!! Awesome stuff man!!!

Diggin' it. I also seem to recall seeing this one back in the day. I was just hitting junior high when the Pro Street movement was peaking, so it had a major impact on me as a car crazy "yout".

I think pink, aqua, and peach served as the basic colors for the Pro Street movement. I agree, eventually there will be a better appreciation of some of the '80s trends, including well executed pro street cars. I agree regarding gassers: up until at least the mid-90s (when the billet revolt began), a gassser-style car was about as out of fashion as possible.

I love it and wouldn't change a thing! It represents an era and should be preserved. My wife is making some scrap books for family and we've been reviewing a lot of family photos from that era... my wife with "Big Hair". We thought it all normal and stylish at that time, but it looks so old now!

• 4 weeks later...